VCSA 6

TeeJayHoward

Limpness Supreme
VMWare said:
Deploy vCenter Server Appliance 6.0 using the vSphere 6.0 Host Client only. Do not attempt to deploy vCenter Server Appliance 6.0 using vSphere Client 5.5 or earlier.
Why? I'm trying it right now in an attempt to answer my own question, but I'm genuinely curious. Why would the appliance not work if deployed from a 5.5 client? Is there some new 6.0-only .OVA "feature"?

In the beta, yes - it's a set of pieces of the ova deploy that the host client recognizes and gets from you to configure it. Suspect gone by GA.

In the beta, yes - it's a set of pieces of the ova deploy that the host client recognizes and gets from you to configure it. Suspect gone by GA.
The "wizard" is built into the OVA? That's interesting. Scratching my head at why they chose the phrase "Network Prefix" instead of the more common "Subnet Mask", as well.

The "wizard" is built into the OVA? That's interesting. Scratching my head at why they chose the phrase "Network Prefix" instead of the more common "Subnet Mask", as well.

Sorta - it's a mapping system that the host client is supposed to understand and interpret.

I reported this to them, it needs to be subnet mask IMO as network prefix means something completely different.

I realize what you're saying guys..but come on..it tells you what they expect in the "wizard" field. :)

Back