• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

vCore voltage spike

Riccochet

[H] for Hours
2FA
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
33,431
Well, while playing with my system voltage last night in the ever last effort to optimize my system something strange happened. I typically run IBT for 20 passes between each change I make to test for stability. What I saw while IBT was running is something that kind of scared me. While watching my vCore in CPUz I noticed the voltage spike from 1.296 to 3.310 inbetween an IBT pass. Like, just as the next pass was firing up the voltage spiked. It lasted no more than a split second, I only saw it happen once and haven't been able to reproduce it.

Is that normal? Has anyone else ever witnessed this before? I'm just concerned that the voltage regulation on my motherboard might be flaking out and will kill my CPU. Rig is in my sig, settings are such:

400x8 @ 1.340v(BIOS set)
+.1v MCH, +.1v FSB, +.1v PCIe, DRAM @ 2.1v
 
Mine changes in CPU-Z also but asus is known for that though. But 3.3 volts is kinda weird and sounds more like a bug as i know my board will not even do no where near that high.

When it spikes how long does it stay or does it flicker? But really sounds like a cpu-z bug.


Good Day
 
It just flickered to 3.3v. I'm going to chalk it up as a fluke. My mobo goes no where near 3.3v for vcore either, at least in bios settings. So, who knows.
 
3.3v would nearly triple the power going through your CPU and certainly fry it, so I'm pretty sure it was a fluke.
 
Back
Top