• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Vcore software?

sm8000

Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
525
I'm using an old Socket 7 board (An Acer V75M for an IBM Aptiva 2170) and an AMD K6-3 450. It's Vcore is supposed to be 2.4v. I tried it at 2.3, but the system would spontaneously reboot just as it was loading the desktop. I then crank it up to 2.8 and it seems fine, but I fried one of these boards (and a K6-2 450) a few weeks ago by having too high a Vcore. I can't set the Vcore to 2.4v because the board's dip switches only allow me to choose from 1.7, 2.2, 2.3, 2.8, 2.9, and 3.3v. Is there any program or method out there that lets you change the Vcore some other way, even in software?
 
if its a hardware option (IE changed with jumpers), your pretty much SOL. Ive never seen anything thall work.

you could try clockgen though.
 
Software won't flip dip switches. If that's what the MoBo has on it, that's what you have to use, methinks......

Regards - B.B.S.
 
Back
Top