Vcenter Server Appliance HTML5 interface

danswartz

2[H]4U
I've been running VCS 6.7 for several weeks now. I have to say the interface has made a huge leap in usability. I've run into a couple of minor glitches here and there, but nothing to write home about. Don't miss the flash interface AT ALL.

I tried 6.7, but there's alot of plugin incompatibilities and support gaps still.
I gotta stick with 6.5 for now (which still has a partially functional HTML5 :))

vCenter 6.7 Update 1 brought full parity between flash and H5 clients - finally. :)

Dark theme alone almost made me upgrade us to 6.7 U1 lol. But I just got done getting us to 6.5 U1 8 months ago.

Rocking 6.5 at the moment. Those 5.X years were ugly switching between web and thick clients. It did force me to learn a little powershell so that's a plus. This thread on the VMware forums was legendary: https://communities.vmware.com/thread/477686 That version of the web app is a classic example of a development team out so of touch with its end users, and a dev team that's never actually maintained a production virtual environment. Gotta ask your self.. Why did they fix it? Was it because of the amount of complaining from the end users? OR.. Was it amount revenue lost to people moving away from Vmware to products like Docker/Containers?

Back