Vcenter Server Appliance 6.5 ISO?

danswartz

2[H]4U
I have a VMUG subscription, so I just downloaded the ISO with the hypervisor, as well as the VCSA ISO. I mount the CD, and go to the win32 ui installer and double-click on it, and it complains that the file is for the wrong version of windows. I have tried this on 3 64-bit windows installs (2 win7 and one win10). My understanding was that I should be able to run 32-bit apps in 64-bit install. If this isn't the case, why doesn't vmware provide a 64-bit installer too? I even tried standing up a 64-bit debian7 VM and running that installer, but it shows as 'data' and not an executable. Is this ISO messed up, or am I doing something wrong. I could swear last year when I first did 6.0, this all 'just worked'. Any ideas appreciated...

Your ISO must be messed up. VMware-VCSA-all-6.5.0-4602587.iso is the file that I have, it works fine.

that's a difference right there. are you a paid subscriber? i have to get my downloads from vmug :( you can get the hypervisor 'for free' from vmware, but i don't see where or how to do so for the vcsa :( i've sent the vmug folks an email...

Well, I think the ISO is shite. I even stood up a 32-bit win7. I can now launch installer.exe, but it terminates without doing anything. I guess I have to wait until VMUG gets back to me. It's crap like this that gets me to rethink using vmware :(

I already have an account there, but when I try to DL the ISO, it tells me "
You either are not entitled or do not have permissions to download this product.
Check with your My VMware Super User, Procurement Contact or Administrator.

If you recently purchased this product through VMware Store or through a third-party, try downloading later."

I had an evaluation at one point (several years ago.) That seems to be tied to the email I logged in with. I wonder if I can create a new email and try that. Let's see...

Create a junk email account or alias, register again.

Back