• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

VC Windows Experience Index Score

Ride2kmax

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 26, 2008
Messages
341
I just put a system together it has a xfx 4890 on it.
Now i got question before i downloaded the Ati catalyst control i ran the windows experience index score and for the graphic and gaming graphics it gave me 7.6. Now that i installed the driver from ati i ran it again and now it gives me a 6.0.
Why is that? Does it really matter?


Thanks in advance.
 
I am going with it means nothing at all, but perhaps I will be proved wrong.
I think the Windows score might be even less meaningful that a mark/vantage score
 
although it does seem odd, it's not the best tool.
Use 3dmark vantage for graphics.
 
I agree that it doesn't matter, but my guess would be that your resolution was lower without your drivers installed which made that very basic video test easier to run.
 
I just put a system together it has a xfx 4890 on it.
Now i got question before i downloaded the Ati catalyst control i ran the windows experience index score and for the graphic and gaming graphics it gave me 7.6. Now that i installed the driver from ati i ran it again and now it gives me a 6.0.
Why is that? Does it really matter?


Thanks in advance.

Double check that you are using the latest ATI drivers and that CC shows the correct versions. I've had Windows 7 stubbornly continue to use the drivers off of Windows Update instead of the newer ones I was trying to install.

If in doubt, uninstall the ATI drivers, run driver sweeper, and reinstall the 9.12 drivers.

I'd just ignore the Windows score, though, and make sure games perform as you'd expect.
 
I agree that it doesn't matter, but my guess would be that your resolution was lower without your drivers installed which made that very basic video test easier to run.

Ran at the same resolution 1680x1050.
 
It has to be that you were in a different resolution before you loaded your drivers.
 
Double check that you are using the latest ATI drivers and that CC shows the correct versions. I've had Windows 7 stubbornly continue to use the drivers off of Windows Update instead of the newer ones I was trying to install.

If in doubt, uninstall the ATI drivers, run driver sweeper, and reinstall the 9.12 drivers.

I'd just ignore the Windows score, though, and make sure games perform as you'd expect.

I going to do this.
 
i think it is because your card didnt clock up to 3d speeds. i bet it ran the test at the lower 2d desktop speeds. this happened to me before.
 
I uninstalled the ati driver and run driver sweeper then re installed it. It still says drivers date 11/24/09 8.681.0.0 i dont know if is the most current but now it the windows experience index score is 7.5. I'll leave it like that. I was just making sure i wasnt going to have any issues when playing or lower perfomance.
 
Back
Top