VBulliten to HTML?

ShredderFan

Limp Gawd
This is going to be tough to explain...

I already have most of my site's info in a VBulliten Data Base....I'm getting a new site design done, but I want the Board info to LOOK like it's an HTML page housed in the main site... if that makes any sense...

For insance...

The index.html file will have a Top Table for a Banner, LEft and Right Margine Tables for info, and a Center Table for news. When a user clicks on the menu above for a site section, TV news for example, it will look that info up in the board database, and display it in thne center collumn... But all the Bulliten Board setup will be gone, left only with the information on that boards page that we clicked on, and match seamlessly with the new sites new look...

If that's possible, please be sure to let me know :).

Thanks!

I'm kind of confused.

Can you just edit the VBulletin templates?

siteexample.jpg

Something like this. I'm hoping it explains what I want to do better...
Maybe it is achievable just by editing the message board, but I don't think
I'm that advanced :)..

Might be a bit to small to read the text...if so, LMK :).

I'm thinking what you want to do is something I just figured out: instead of making the page load in target="_blank" or "_main", you want it to load in the middle section, so name the middle section and set the target for every forum URL to go to that middle section.

Hmm,

That's half of what I want and will definetly help.. But, is there anyway to just pull up the text and images in the post, and not the entire message board layout when you click the link? I.e. no border frame, no signature, no table with the avatar....etc?

ShredderFan said:
Hmm,

That's half of what I want and will definetly help.. But, is there anyway to just pull up the text and images in the post, and not the entire message board layout when you click the link? I.e. no border frame, no signature, no table with the avatar....etc?

You could modify the template, but I can't help you there--read the Vbulletin documentation. Having modified solely the colours of a phpBB template, it's possible to remove the whole "forum-type layout", but it's time-consuming.

You might want to look at something like curl for this, or alternatively just pulling the information you want from the database yourself. this might be easier than editing the templates.

Back