VB6 Splash Screen leads to... where?

mavalpha

[H]F Junkie
Just inherited a VB6 project from a co-worker who left, and I can't find where the project leads into main. (I have a decent background in VBScript, but I've never been hands-on with the Visual suite.) I'm reasonably sure the form is called frmCISEntry, but searching for this string ("frmCISEntry") in the rest of the modules and forms doesn't turn up anything that looks like the right hit.

Startup object (under Project's Properties) is frmSplash. In Splash form, this is the only text outside of the main Form_Load sub.
Code:
Option Explicit
Dim WithEvents adoGetUserRS As Recordset
Dim WithEvents adoAddUserRS As Recordset
Private Sub Form_Load()
End Sub
Private Sub tmrShow_Timer()
    tmrshow.Enabled = False
    ProgressBar1.Value = 75
    ResumeStartUp 'resume the startup

Unload Me 'unload the form (hide it)
End Sub
Any way to determine which module or form this splash screen redirects into? ResumeStartUp obviously works, but I need to figure out where it's going specifically.

And coincidentally, is there a way to search for a text string in the ENTIRE source code package, instead of one form/module at a time?

Last edited:
I'm assuming this is Visual Studio 6 or some earlier version...

- Is "frmCISEntry" set the startup form?
- I think the key combination was CTRL-SHIFT-F to do multiple file searches in VS6, where CTRL-F only did it on the current file having focus.

This is Visual Studio 98/VB6, yes.
No, frmSplash is the startup.
Ctrl+Shift+F doesn't turn up anything, even a completely unrelated window. :(

Been awhile since I fired up the VS6 IDE.... Try viewing a code page (not the form UI), goto the menu choices Edit >> Find, then see if there's a dropdown in the popup window that lets up pick the search scope. I think VS6 had it as a radio button list, and not a dropdown list... Memory is a little fuzzy.

Stepping through would be a great idea; however, the obvious place to look is the ResumeStartUp function (and for the record, that ranks among the most useless comments of all time)

Couldn't find any other reference to it anywhere else. Is there a default location? I would've expected it to be in the same Form that referenced it (frmSplash), but no.

Stepping through would be a great idea; however, the obvious place to look is the ResumeStartUp function (and for the record, that ranks among the most useless comments of all time)
If you don't like that method (which would eliminate assumptions of the project's start-up behavior), then I will next suggest right-clicking on ResumeStartUp and selecting Definition.

Back