• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

VB Acript to delete reg key- ID

marty9876

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - February 2006
Joined
Jun 11, 2003
Messages
4,906
hkey_local_machine\sodtware\pandagroup\folding@home

anyone know how to write a little VB script action to delete this bugger?

I finally did it, forgot to delete this key on an image set...no wonder my CPU count is not moving.

I might get around to deleting it manually, upload a little VB double click would be cool. also be cool to include this in my sysprep run once deal to make sure this won't happen again....

Thanks!

:)
 
Code:
Dim WshShell, bKey

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

WshShell.RegDelete "HKLM\Software\PandeGroup\Folding@home\UserID"

Paste into notepad and save as blahblah.vbs . Use at your own risk of course.

I have no idea why the forum keeps putting spaces between foldi and ng. Remove those in notepad before you save it.
 
huh, I guess the a and s are next to each other on the keyboard too....
 
The software automatically breaks up long words to prevent them from causing the forum to scroll horizontally. So if I type a bunch of A's in a row, it will break them up on to multiple lines. However, it appears the setting is quite low - it should be somewhere around 80-100 characters, not 30.

12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890



Killer[MoB] said:
Code:
Dim WshShell, bKey

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

WshShell.RegDelete "HKLM\Software\PandeGroup\Folding@home\UserID"

Paste into notepad and save as blahblah.vbs . Use at your own risk of course.

I have no idea why the forum keeps putting spaces between foldi and ng. Remove those in notepad before you save it.
 
that limit shouldn't matter in the "CODE" tags...... they will scroll side-to-side and up-down independent of the forum......

Code:
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................


Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

 
marty9876 said:
hkey_local_machine\sodtware\pandagroup\folding@home

anyone know how to write a little VB script action to delete this bugger?

I finally did it, forgot to delete this key on an image set...no wonder my CPU count is not moving.

I might get around to deleting it manually, upload a little VB double click would be cool. also be cool to include this in my sysprep run once deal to make sure this won't happen again....

Thanks!

:)


Marty,

I usually run -local in the command line so the machine ID is read from the client.cfg file instead of the registry.
 
Back
Top