vasi0n iOS 7.x Jailbreak released today!

Is this legit? :D

One thing:

If I jailbreak my iPhone can I restore via iCloud to restore the phone back to what it was if I have problems?

Last edited:
yep, and it's easiest jailbreak I've ever done/used, but there is not much to do that I know of yet. The only thing I know to look forward to is fading out that background of the dock and "containers" Since IOS 6 and 7 made most of the other "must have" jailbreak tweaks stock features. We will see though.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/12/22/ios-7-compatible-tweaks/

only hiddensettings7 seems to be of value to me thus far. and the value is low..but it works. You can fade the folder backgrounds, change some colors, and kill the app shake when you move the phone . Nothing major.

and dont try transparent dock...I hoped, but it crashed all my settings. may be because it installed winterboard with it, but it removed hidden settings, I had to remove every package and reinstall HS7 to get it back.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've even had some screwy behavior with some of the apps that are considered iOS 7 compatible. I'm restoring my phone to factory settings to clean out everything. I'll reload my apps, music, etc. and then just redo the jailbreak without installing any Cydia apps until the kinks are worked out.

The TaiG software was only installed on devices with Chinese as the default language.

Also evad3rs disabled it from being installed.

The rumor that TaiG was uploading user data was disproven to be FUD. The guy who started the rumor owned up to it and apologized for jumping the gun.

The jailbreak is legit. Just it came to fast and Saurik was not able to test it very well like past jailbreaks. Every developer is playing catchup since no one had a heads up.

Excuse my ignorance but what does jailbreaking do for you that you can't already do? It's an honest question, I've considered it but what compelling reason is there to jailbreak your phone?

Excuse my ignorance but what does jailbreaking do for you that you can't already do? It's an honest question, I've considered it but what compelling reason is there to jailbreak your phone?

To load in apps not on the Apple store (ones that Apple would never approve of anyway), to theme and skin the device interface as you see fit, etc etc.

Most people use it to change aspects of the iOS appearance (like Winterboard/theming) or interaction (Zephyr/Activator). Many of the common tools haven't yet been updated for iOS 7, but they should be soon.

As a developer, I use it to gain access to the device's UNIX subsystem. I also need a Jailbroken iOS 7 device in order to update my Cydia apps for iOS 7 compatibiliy.

Jailbreaking lets you get into the file system, tweak tons of settings, add themes, apps, fonts, widgets and lots of other customizing options.

The TaiG software was only installed on devices with Chinese as the default language.

Also evad3rs disabled it from being installed.

The rumor that TaiG was uploading user data was disproven to be FUD. The guy who started the rumor owned up to it and apologized for jumping the gun.

The jailbreak is legit. Just it came to fast and Saurik was not able to test it very well like past jailbreaks. Every developer is playing catchup since no one had a heads up.

This is not true, they were also informed that the Cydia that came with it is a modified version with unknown codes in there. Lots of people also been reporting that even with the unbundle version, it still consistently uploading user's encrypted data to TaiG's company server. TaiG's company is 360 security firm, which is known to steal private data in China.

I wouldn't touch this thing for now until its clear up.

This is not true, they were also informed that the Cydia that came with it is a modified version with unknown codes in there. Lots of people also been reporting that even with the unbundle version, it still consistently uploading user's encrypted data to TaiG's company server. TaiG's company is 360 security firm, which is known to steal private data in China.

I had to revert back to stock iOS because my phone started freezing randomly over the weekend. Not saying it's due to this TaiG/China thing, but I'm going to wait for an updated version of the jailbreak before trying it again.

TaiG has been remotely disabled from the Chinese language versions of the installer. Other versions of the installer never got any TaiG components. Nothing is being uploaded to TaiG's servers if you don't have their stuff installed. If you think the English language evasi0n7 kit installs something that uploads your private data to TaiG, post proof or a source.

Here's a writeup from geohot about the jailbreak:
http://geohot.com/e7writeup.html

Would you like to add a source with your claim please? Thanks!

Welp, I gave it a shot (Bone stock iOS 7.0 iPad mini)

Went through the steps, now I'm on the infinite apple boot logo, I reboot the device (home&lock) and it does the same thing but won't pull up on my PC.

Any ideas?

Did you do OTA update or did you restore your iPad like the directions say to?

Well I haven't updated it since 7.0 so I'm not exactly sure (Jailbreak inept to be quite honest)

Re-loading the backup I had saved and I'll try again. if it works, I'll have to see what I can do with it, time for some googling!

Edit: Well it looked like it worked its-self out once I restored, I need to browse what I can do with it now.

Last edited:
yep, and it's easiest jailbreak I've ever done/used, but there is not much to do that I know of yet. The only thing I know to look forward to is fading out that background of the dock and "containers" Since IOS 6 and 7 made most of the other "must have" jailbreak tweaks stock features. We will see though.

Transparentdock came out today, anlong with a few other ios7 tweaks. So value for the jailbreak is there imo and its only going to get better I'd imagine.

Happy New Year from Saurik. He just released the 64-bit update for MobileSubstrate. It's now called Cydia Substrate. This clears the way for all other apps to be reconfigured to work on A7 devices like the 5s and iPad Air. :)

Happy New Year from Saurik. He just released the 64-bit update for MobileSubstrate. It's now called Cydia Substrate. This clears the way for all other apps to be reconfigured to work on A7 devices like the 5s and iPad Air. :)

So is it safe to Jailbreak my Ipad Air now?

It was always safe to jailbreak the Air. I jailbroke my iPad Air last week when they first released evasion. There is just more stuff that works each day. But there was still a few things that worked day 1.

yep. check the updates daily. It's fun seeing all the new tweaks as they roll out. I was stoked about the clear dock, folders and a few others...we'll see what the dev's come up with next.

Aside from the obvious free stuff, are there any tweaks or anything that really make it worth jailbreaking an Air? Like a fix for the 1gb reload tab and crashing issue or anything like that?

Just got throught jailbreaking my Ipad Air. What's the first things I should do now?
Check that list I mentioned in my post above yours. It'll give you all the current apps that work with your jailbroken iPad Air. I'd bookmark it and check back often over the next few days/weeks as more apps are optimized for the A7.

Substrate was just updated for 7.0. I think I'll jailbreak now. I've missed tether me so bad :s.

Back