• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Variable Fan/12V Rail Question/Prime95 vs CPUBurn

Keetha

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
356
This should probably be three posts, but I didn't see a reason why not to just make one big one. I'm not new to OCing or computers, but I am new to forums and hardcore research/indepthness.

1) Why have variable fan speeds? Is there a reason other than the noise issue and that it's just kind of cool (no pun intended)? Case gets hot, speed fans up. Then the case gets cool because fans are faster. Slow fans down, it gets hot. Repeat. I just don't get it?

2) Anyone have a good site to learn about PSUs? I keep hearing about "rails" and saw this new Antec PSU where you can adjust them. I also saw something I didn't like in MBM. For the 12V sensor my averages are +11.38|-11.89, isn't that bad?

3) Is it better to use Prime95 or CPUBurn to get your processor as hot as possible?

Thanks in advance :)
 
Back
Top