Vapochill questions

Which is a better solution? The Vapochill case or the "Piggy-Back" version. Or is there another way to go? Thanks.

Ure probably talking about a full Vapochill and the Vapochill LS

Depends on what case U have before and for what Ull be using it. I have a Vapochill PE and I was satisfied all the 2 days Ive used it (b4 I cracked the core on my Athlon) and it looks awesome.

Just make sure U get the most effective version (more Watts to the CPU :D) otherwise Ull just feel irritated about cheaping out on 50USD when it still costs over 1000USD.

With LS, motherboard compatibility is 100%. And it is AC powered. Most of new LS (distributed to retail channels after 8/04) is ver.02 with max.heat load capacity around 180-200Watts compared to 220-240W for ver.01 which is not really effective ie. with fx55 and all recent cpus.(max.cpu load+overclock is not even reached 155W). That's why Mach II gt easily beat vapo LS ver.01.

Got something better than pictures for you. This is where the real hardcore (errr extremitists hangs out... most of noob question is answered by less knowledgable people like me... nah just kidding)
Doh... site is down... check xtremeresources.com and there should be review of Mach II GT, Vapochill LS, and comparison. Bowman is the guy who's been pionnering in this field as well as few others there. Honestly, Phase change cooling is the way to go if you really want to get into cold game :) I myself am so addicted where I am now even thinking about custom single phase cooling unit instead of my current Mach II R404.

James Earl Ray said:
Got any pics?
Jinu with Mach II gt and my vapo ls, take a pick :D . B/way, after that xtremeresources article(June '04) asetek release LS ver.02 last august with lower heat load. Here's mine......
date of manucfacturing 8/24
MVC-632F.JPG

Shipped to US on 8/27:
MVC-633F.JPG

Man, neo2 have it's own magic date of production on their chipset and now vapo has their own too?

This is my mach 2 setup... Right now, all panels are getting touch up painting :) (well was done 2 days ago but I am going to let it cure for few more days than wax it up later before putting it on. Wires are temporary atm as I do plan to put H2O cooling on GPU so there will be significant change on what will happen. other than the head mounting looking diff, it will be almost same as vaporchill.

naked2.jpg

naked1.jpg

I straped lanboy on vapo. The reason is shorter watercooling loop for vid.card (small case). I also sprayed conformal coating around cpu clamshell area for condensationproofing
pc.JPG

side.JPG

clamshell.JPG

centvalny said:
jinu, black ice extreme III radiator with 3 x 120 fans.
radiator.gif
Ahahaha...
Man... that would be crazy for just GPU unless I go peltier on GPU... (even than overkill). I got used 2x80mm radi :) (the double microcore from HW labs) Should be more than sufficient for the GPU along. Chipset just got my Zalman chipset cooler (air) with 50mm fan super glued to it. (gotta tune it down, thing is running @ 8000rpm).
once I get my GPU block, etc, I can get rest of setup cleaned up (also need to grab 3.5" rheobus somewhere... rheobus with cover or something like that as my kids will be all over it if I do put it in there)

nice setup. But using radiator like that w/ 3 120mm fans is overkill. Once its room temp, it can't get any cooler. Nice setup.

I'm starting work on a phase changer. Hopefully i can have some pics of that up soon.

Back