• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

VapoChill Micro in stock @ FrozenCPU

I may wait to see a real review before I even consider it as a decent HSF.
 
I'm waiting on a review of this and the new zalman.....or else i'm going with the new swiftech kit w/storm water block.
 
The "Vapochill" Micro is just a different kind of heatpipe hsf, and I'd be surprised if it performs any better than an XP-120. I can't beleive Asetek is trying to make people believe that this is a micro-sized Vapochill, because they are losing a lot of enthusiast support, including me.
 
this really has caught my eye, although like the others have said i am waiting for a review first before buying it. the stock cooler just aint cutting it anymore.

whats with the 3 different variations of it though?
 
Kankykur7 said:
this really has caught my eye, although like the others have said i am waiting for a review first before buying it. the stock cooler just aint cutting it anymore.

whats with the 3 different variations of it though?
500mhz is pretty good.

Depending on what the vcore is now, and what week the venice is, a better cooling will probably get you 100-200mhz. Not bad, but not great either, still worth $40 imo.
 
Some people from, I think it was something like Overclocks.co.uk, have it. This one person said that as the heat increases from the core(ie. higher overclock/more voltage) his temp dropped 1-2* from when it was full load at stock speeds. Something like that...dont know if it was true or not. If it is...then :D
 
oh, I assumed venice. If it is already at 1.65v, it is extremely unlikely that a better HSF will get you anything more, however, I would get one anyways as it should keep temps lower, which will extend the life of the CPU, and there's always a chance you'll gain a tiny bit of headroom. That OC is 6hr prime95 small fft stable, right?
 
well thats exactly why i need a new heatsink im hitting like 55-58 load with it. and that prime95 thing i should probably test. i've had it fold overnight before no problem so it should work. the only problem is that its like 100 degrees in my room right now and i dont see it getting any cooler over say the next few weeks/months.
 
That looks crazy.... If it doesn't way very much, I may consider it over the zalman I am wanting.
 
i found a few reviews but they were all like "wow, we stuck it on a stock processor and it never overheated. good stuff!"

but from the few hard numbers i've been able to find it'll drop your idle temps by 5 degrees or so? pretty much on par with the high quality "traditional" setups. not bad, but not terribly impressive. hopefully we can get some good reviews in before i upgrade my hsf
 
Back
Top