Vapochill LS

Protoform-X

[H]ard|Gawd
I think I'm in love.
vapomatthew.jpg

Now you just need to save up and get the money for a pc to put in that beast:rolleyes: :p ;)

i hope you are putting an amd fx-53 in there to kick a 3.4EE's arse...dont get mad at the truth :D and please dont paint a beauty..its to beautiful!!

yay! you made my day..i cannot wait to see a 64bit cpu in a vapochill/promertia...post whatcha get outta it when its all said and done :D

Phase change is way overkill. Any hammer core reaches beyond it's stability limit on air anyway; there is no point in even water cooling them.

You're going to have a phase change cooled Athlon 64? You know you could probably hit the same speeds with aircooling... Maybe even retail air cooling... A64's don't overclock.

But whatever, at least you can tell all your friends you have phase-change cooling.

can i hold on to that till you get a system?

i'll take good care of it i promise.

me love you long time

god, how can u spend 800+ on that thing?
oh well, it is sexy

Originally posted by RS3RS
You're going to have a phase change cooled Athlon 64? You know you could probably hit the same speeds with aircooling... Maybe even retail air cooling... A64's don't overclock.

But whatever, at least you can tell all your friends you have phase-change cooling.
A64's overclock like champs, you can get 500MHz off a 2GHz one; that's 25% performance gain for you. Just heat isn't the cause of their cap.

Originally posted by Protoform-X
We're not talking Hammer core.
All the AMD64 chips that are for sale right now are hammers.

i believe i read an article where a guy did a custom phase change cooler and reached 3 ghz with his athlon 3200 64, your gonna have to trust me i dont have the link anymore but they will get there you just have to push them

Originally posted by sdk
god, how can u spend 800+ on that thing?
oh well, it is sexy

Ever heard the saying "speed costs money how fast do you want to go?"

Originally posted by blindviper
Ever heard the saying "speed costs money how fast do you want to go?"

everyone knows speed costs money. thats how pharmaceutical companies make money off ADHD patients.

Originally posted by RS3RS

I have to agree to a point. The FX51 and FX53 do not overclock hardly at all, mainly because ECC DDR memory does not like to have its FSB adjusted. The AMD64 3200 and 3400 do overclock some, but not to extreme's. I do believe a decent watercooled rig would work nicely. However, if you want your AMD running frosty, more power to ya :D

I'm not saying they don't overclock at ALL. You can probably get a nice overclock out of them, just not enough to warrant $899 cooling or whatever it costs.

I just think something like whatever the new stepping of Pentiums is that people are getting 3.8 to 4 ghZ on air would go nicer with phase change.

Not to be rude, just commenting :) You've got a nice new toy.

WTF??

Why in hell would you want to get a newcastle when its got half the L2 cache as a AMD64 3200/3400+? No offense, but if you can drop 900 bucks on a phase cooler, dont be a dumbnut and get a Newcastle that even though MIGHT overclock more than a Hammer core, your L2 is going to drag you down. Come on man, show some sense here. If the 3000+(Newcastle) runs at the same clock freq as the 3200+(hammer) but has HALF the L2, its going to be a slower chip, and I bet they overclock at the same rate considering save the L2 they are exactly the same.

No offense, but thats a pretty bonehead thing to do, drop a shitload of cash for cooling that isnt needed, only to skimp on your processor.

Stick my parts in that case = elite good omfg hax :D

My case in average, its not as good as that case, lol

Originally posted by Blitz^
Stick my parts in that case = elite good omfg hax :D

My case in average, its not as good as that case, lol

What are your parts?
It's not the one in your sig, everyone knows that :p :p

AMD Athlon FX-53 CPU /w WaterCooling
Asus SK8N
3 GB Corsair TWINX-3200 ECC
GeCube RADEON 9800XT 256mb
2x 250GB 8mb cache Serial ATA in Raid
2x 74GB Raptor 10,000RPM (Boot Drive)
Sony DRU510A DVD +/- R/RW
21" Sony FD Trinitron G520
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum
Creative Inspire 6600 6.1 Speakers

Originally posted by Tanis143
I have to agree to a point. The FX51 and FX53 do not overclock hardly at all, mainly because ECC DDR memory does not like to have its FSB adjusted. The AMD64 3200 and 3400 do overclock some, but not to extreme's. I do believe a decent watercooled rig would work nicely. However, if you want your AMD running frosty, more power to ya :D

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2068578
Fx-51 at 3ghz thats a 800 mhz overclock

holy shit...thats crazy.,..look at the core and ram speed on his XT...600+ and 400+..thats ridiculous...must be in a whole frost box... :)

these dual cascade systems are owning everything, lately.

don't even hope for close to this on a vapochill.

christ, i dont want to see the power bill for that.

I'm putting a S939 chip in here, guys. I got it early so I'd have time to get it painted.

Back