Vapochill LS here I come!

The FX-57 should be here around April, but the prices are looking to be sky high. You can expect price tags between $1000 and $1200 for the 57, which is a real hike over the $800 FX-55.

I'm still getting one ASAP, but I hope AMD doesn't keep the price raping up for long.

VO_Nuclear said:
The FX-57 should be here around April, but the prices are looking to be sky high. You can expect price tags between $1000 and $1200 for the 57, which is a real hike over the $800 FX-55.

I'm still getting one ASAP, but I hope AMD doesn't keep the price raping up for long.

PM your way

VO_Nuclear said:
The FX-57 should be here around April
April 5th. ETA to be exact. Expect Monarch to take pre order 2 weeks before ETA. Imo, it will be a lot of used fx55 for sale after that...... ;)...probly including mine... :(

centvalny said:
April 5th. ETA to be exact. Expect Monarch to take pre order 2 weeks before ETA. Imo, it will be a lot of used fx55 for sale after that...... ;)...probly including mine... :(

Be sure to let me know....if prices are jumping up THAT much I'll have to decide just how much I want it, so I'll probly be looking at some of those FX-55's when the time comes. :)

cornelious0_0 said:
Be sure to let me know....if prices are jumping up THAT much I'll have to decide just how much I want it, so I'll probly be looking at some of those FX-55's when the time comes. :)

I hope to God you and everybody else are going NF4, NF3 is a huge PITA!

ScHpAnKy said:
I hope to God you and everybody else are going NF4, NF3 is a huge PITA!

I'm only going to hang on as long as I have to.

/off topic

Back on topic. I'm booting up the unmodded P4C800-E in the theory that my FSB issue can be remedied (but only for the prescott). The reason this only works for the prescott (or so my theory goes) is beacuse the voltage range the prescott needs is much lower than the northy. Additionally, the asus doesn't seem to have the low FSB ceiling that i've run into on my max3.

Making it temporarily a good match.

Testing in progress.

bubblethumper said:
I'm only going to hang on as long as I have to.

/off topic

Back on topic. I'm booting up the unmodded P4C800-E in the theory that my FSB issue can be remedied (but only for the prescott). The reason this only works for the prescott (or so my theory goes) is beacuse the voltage range the prescott needs is much lower than the northy. Additionally, the asus doesn't seem to have the low FSB ceiling that i've run into on my max3.

Making it temporarily a good match.

Testing in progress.

Could you not hit over 240FSB with your Max 3 1:1? Because me with my IC7 and my friend's Max 2 cannot 1:1 at over 240FSB... (however, I can hit 291 5:4, but dividers suck ass)

ScHpAnKy said:
Could you not hit over 240FSB with your Max 3 1:1? Because me with my IC7 and my friend's Max 2 cannot 1:1 at over 240FSB... (however, I can hit 291 5:4, but dividers suck ass)

Yeah, I could do 260-261 at 1:1 ratio

Same limit regardless of drivers too. My mobo is going out soon for modding to fix that.

Well, I'm currently waiting for the mobo to come back. Doh! The 3.4C will hit 4.8ghz in windows before it locks up (using a mem divider of course). Totally not benchable at that speed (not to mention the divider would kill scores).

Hopefully the modded mobo will come back this week and I can start to get some solid numbers down.

slight change in partners here too. This has become an intel only party! 3.2E CO versus 3.2E DO versus 3.4C

Updated the scores on the first page with the latest I have

bubblethumper said:
Well, I'm currently waiting for the mobo to come back. Doh! The 3.4C will hit 4.8ghz in windows before it locks up (using a mem divider of course). Totally not benchable at that speed (not to mention the divider would kill scores).

Hopefully the modded mobo will come back this week and I can start to get some solid numbers down.

slight change in partners here too. This has become an intel only party! 3.2E CO versus 3.2E DO versus 3.4C

Updated the scores on the first page with the latest I have

Nice stuff bro, good to see you've been at work while I was "away". :p

Project update for those that are following:

Winchester had cold bug. So I returned that.

Had my IC7-Max3 modded. Basically all my processors (3.2E CO, 3.2E DO, and 3.4C) all max out at 4.5ghz.

I just got a San Diego, but it's not working. Not sure if it's cold bug again or if it's the motherboard.

bubblethumper said:
I just got a San Diego, but it's not working. Not sure if it's cold bug again or if it's the motherboard.

Nice to hear about your P4's...but like I said in the other thread already, there are still SD's being hit by the cold bug, not nearly as often as the winnies do/did...but it's still around, and I wouldn't doubt if that's all it was giving you greif.

Any update's? I have a small box-O -Stuff for u,crap i forgot with the mod's,the otes,the fet sink's and some other stuff.Hope my mod's helped :)

Back