Vapochill LS and a Dual Proc system

RanceJustice

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys, I was wondering if there would be any way to adapt a VapoChill LS to accomidate a Dual Proc system? Perhaps Asetek could develop a new "split tube" with seperate blocks or a larger block to cover both?

I've never been able to play around with a VapoChill in person so perhaps their current adapter would work already. Thanks.

perhaps if you modified the cooler unit..... good luck with that 1 :) you may be able to do something like a Y connector to the main vaporchill line.... dunno how good that would work though.. probably wouldnt.. o well atleast u made my head hurt for a few seconds :)

i don't think phase change would work with a split tube... it would probably be really inefficient to do so even if it did work. the better method (though not cheaper) would be to get 2 vapochills. or even three... that video card needs some lovin too:D

Wow, that's a couple grand just in cooling. I'm considering a dual proc system but if I have to sacrficiece cooling...hmm,,,

wait for dual core? or DIY phase change? you may be able to engineer one that would work for two chips if you designed it from the ground up to take 2 heat loads... one way to find out (well two really, but one is no fun)

phase change can most certainly be used in dual configuration, either for one cpu and one gpu or two cpu's sharing the same compressor.

How do I know? Well, here's a little surprise about my upcoming rig that you'll not find in any other post on the hardforums ;)

attachment.php

as for me? It'll bring down my cpu to around -50-55C under load and my gpu to around the same :D WAY better than a vapo

go to xtremesystems.org/forums and pm PC ice. He's your man for adventures all the way down to -159C, in case you want to take a 3.4ghz chip to 6.3ghz or an fx-55 to 3.7ghz (both been done using his cooling :eek: ).

depends on how strong you want it. Mine will be around 1k if I can pull off going through with it, but furthre than that I suggest you contact pc ice for specifics. :)

That is one nasty piece of equipment man. What type of Dual proc system were you considering? opteron or xeon?

Back