• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Vantec Stealth...not very stealthy

SocceRich20

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 4, 2003
Messages
2,512
I have a Vantec Stealth 470w power supply. As it name suggests, I would think it would be very quiet. On auto when it is cold, it is quiet. On low, it is somewhat loud, and on medium it is louder. Do you think that the fans just need cleaning or something, or will the low setting always produce that noise? I have watercooling, and am shooting for a virtually silent setup.
 
it should be relatively quiet, maybe you could try removing one of the fans or getting a PSU with a 120mm fan.
 
DON'T remove the fan!!!! Thats quite possibly the worst advice I've ever heard on this forum. The fans are there because they're NECESSARY to cool the extremely hot components in the PSU. If you want to get a silent PSU, go get the SilenX Luxurae 460W FANLESS PSU or one of the other models listed in the top post in the PSU part of the forum.
 
Get an Enermax; they use SilenX fans which are the worlds quietest and best. SilenX also uses SilenX fans in their PSU's... stands to reason. My Thermaltake "Silent" Purepowers were INCREDIBLY loud til I returned them for my Enermax's;):D.
 
My Vantec stealth seems pretty quiet... although I do have a delta 60mm screamer on my heatsink (it's running at 7volts). I have a question about my 520w I think I'll make a new post about it though.
 
Back
Top