• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Vantec Nexus NXP-201 adjustments?

SkaarjMaster

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 31, 2002
Messages
1,576
OK, I've figured out how to hook up my fans to it, but what about the speed? Do you start the unit with it at the highest setting for each fan and this is the normal speed your fan will go without this controller and it goes down from there? Vantec's web site seems to leave out some of these important things and I was not impressed with their site. Thank you.
 
I believe that one ranges from 7v to 12v, in which case max would be the normal speed the far would run at.
 
I figured that but I didn't see anything at their site or didn't read the right reviews to see this info. I did noticed that the dials are set to the highest already in the package though. Thanks man!:D
 
OK, one more question. I noticed all my non-Delta 80mm/92mm fans that I'm using for my case/CPU have a 3-pin connector with red, yellow and black (3 wires) wires, but my Delta fans (HHE and SHE) all have a 3-pin connector with one I think blue wire and a 4-pin connector with only two wires. What's the deal? I need to plug these into my Vantec Nexus. I know the others are fine and may need extensions, but what do I do about my Delta fans? Thank you.
 
the single wire in the 3pin connector is for the mobo, so it can monitor the RPM (not important IMO, especially if you have a controller). the 4pin connector is just the power. you'll need 4 -> 3pin adapters for your Deltas if you want to control them.

or you could just take the two wires from each 4pin connector and put em directly on the controller's pins. youll have to figure out which wires go on which pins, cause i dunno.
 
OK, my plan (if I use the Delta fans) is to ignore the 3-pin connector and get a 4-3 pin converter for these. Thanks!:D
 
I have no clue what model mine is, 3 1/2 inch bay one, but I metered it at 9 volts on low. just FYI.
 
Back
Top