• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Vantec Iceberg RAM Sinks falling off?

cnick79

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
1,836
I installed a swiftech mcw50 block on my 6800ultra and vantec iceberg vga ram sinks. My ram sinks don't appear to be sticking all too well. I've been fiddling around with my vid card and knocked a few off just by touching them. Is there a way to fasten them or when I start running my vid card the heat will help them stick? I don't want these guys to fall off and potentially ruin my card.
 
Thats why I'm not too pleased about the current arrangement. I have the mcw50 i was using on my NV40. If I want to use it again I'll have to thermal epoxy the ramsinks on. Heh... artic alumina thermal epoxy does the trick but bye bye warranty. They won't be falling off though.
 
Would the original ram sink work? I was thinking about trying to place that back on if it will fit but I'm not sure about performance.
 
i got these too and let me tell u they suck.

I ended up using a tiny dab of super glue to fasten a couple that simply would not stay on.
 
I have several sets of these sinks. They work great and if they don't stick I would wonder how many times you took them on and off? Also did you clean your ram with alcohol or that stuff Artic Silver sells for cleaning off previous TIM? My suggestion is you use the stock sinks for at least 30 days to see if you are going to have any problems and then just glue them on with AS epoxy.

BTW, why do you think you would kiss off your warranty just for putting on some ramsinks?
 
I hear a mixture of AS5 and apoxy works best, or a dab of superglue with teh AS5. Alone they are too strong to get off.
 
I'm using a 50:50 of AS5 and AS Epoxy with my RAMsinks. I might go a little higher on the epoxy if I do it again though, as I knocked one of them off and had to reattach it. Stupid screwdriver :(
 
Back
Top