• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Vantec Fancard

lee63 said:
Will I be able to run two of these http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16835888112 one in the middle of the cards and one below the the second card ? I want to try this before I replace the heatsinks on my cards because that will void BFGs warranty :confused:
Thanx in advance
PS: hope this is in the right for forum :D

I'm not sure how big the space in on your MB To put a fancard in between the GPU's but as long as space is not an issue, and you have two PCI slots you should be good to go.
I have one of these cards near the bottom of my case blowing up towards my graphics card. It did NOT lower the temps on the GPU much but it DID lower my overall system temp.
I think it doesn't help my GPU much because it is traping the hot air inside the heatsink on my card. ( nvidia 6 series)
 
only if you run with the Asus SLI board.. it's got a big enough space to accomodate for the fancard in the midde... and these things rock!! I have had one for a long time and it works very well! :)
 
same here, i got one of these as well, blowing onto my x800pro. dont know if it makes a huge difference, but the errie blue glow is nice, and its moving air in the case, so it cant be that bad.
 
Thanx guys, think Im gonna try one at first and see how it works then mabey get another later. They do look cool though :D :D
 
Yes - any regular old pci slot will work... I am sure you could shape it to work without a pci slot if you wanted to void the warranty.. :eek: I have seen peeps with them on top of their card pair.. I am guessing they "trimmed" the bottom part and it was just held on by the pci slot cover screw.
 
revenant said:
Yes - any regular old pci slot will work... I am sure you could shape it to work without a pci slot if you wanted to void the warranty.. :eek: I have seen peeps with them on top of their card pair.. I am guessing they "trimmed" the bottom part and it was just held on by the pci slot cover screw.
Great thanx
:D
 
i bought one of those, pretty cheap and only lasted 3 months. But it did work well those first three months. Just a heads up
 
Been using one for about 6 months, LEDs crapped out, but the fan does it's job nicely.

If your running an ASUS SLI board, go for it. If not the middle fan card will not be pushing any air, and perhaps even raise the temps on your top card.
 
hmmm... I dunno... mine's been running great since March... no issues at all.... I just rebuilt my rig with WC so I am not using it... because my case is BTX and my rad is on the top of the case...
 
Back
Top