• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Vampire Survivors

Wait, what new engine?
can enable it from betas options in steam. They will be adding co-op also


1689294079048.png
 

Attachments

  • 1689294150027.png
    1689294150027.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 0
Maybe I am missing something, I didn't see any difference when enabling the new - engine beta.
 
Ok, so, yes, the switch has a few performance issues when you get past the 20 minute mark of a level and have literally thousands of things on screen at once.

...But so did my stupidly powerful computer with the old engine, the new engine never misses a beat.

I'm going purely off what I can see, but I also think that at some point the whole game switches from a baseline 60fps to 30fps.

Still, worth it to play couch co-op and in bed.
 
Always love the super well animated trailers contrasting against the comically minimalistic game itself
 
I don't recall what setup I ended up with, but I was doing one of the DLC missions and made it to the end without the rings and whatnot and 4 reapers could not kill me past the 30 minute mark, but I couldn't kill them either. I made it to around the 40 minute mark before I moved the wrong way which finally got me killed. I think I clipped a video of it. I'll have to check tonight.
 
Back
Top