Valve software hardware survey

How about this:

Unique Samples: 499265

Other Settings
RDTSC 499,270 100.00 %

When I saw it before, it said something like 100.01%. Pretty cool. Maybe it has something to do with running multiple CPUs. I just don't know.

Originally posted by WackDaddy
Didn't this survey start quite a while ago? Like 2+ years?

No, like a week ago. With the newest version of steam...

lol, thats just sad that people still have Geforce 2 and 4mx's, lol

its also sad no matter what I do I can't get more than 60 FPS in HL.

Originally posted by Bugalaman

do you have vsync off? and fps_max 100 (999 if you feel like with developer 1)

anyways, the average hl player is happy buying a $40 to $100 card. Most of us here are the exception, not the rule.

Well, now is a good a time as any to upgrade. HL2 Supposedly has a scaleable engine that can turn off certain features to gain your performance all by itself.

I still use my old Asus GF2 in my sons computer, and I have to say that all things considered, it is still a solid card. Plays UT2K3 , CoD, and Jedi Outcast. Res is usually only set to 800x600 but plays them all smoothly. My GF2 is probably the best money I ever spent on a video card. It's certainly had a longer usable life span than others I have owned.

Not everyone is a rich ass like you. My sister is still gaming on my old V5 5500, and I'm still using my GF3 Ti 500. I don't run out and buy the top of a line card every 3 months. I wait till my card can't run games before I consider buying a new one. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by BLenderhedd
I still use my old Asus GF2 in my sons computer, and I have to say that all things considered, it is still a solid card.
It's always kind of funny that the people complaining the most about the GF2MX/GF4MX are the ones who don't use them. Obviously the cards are still chugging along on many less demanding games, new or old. It's nice to hear that you still use your card.

In the same way I'm not in any big hurry to replace my GF4 4200 Go laptop. It still plays recent games pretty well despite being almost a year old and being based on 2 year old technology.

Its really no suprise, the top three cards are budget cards. One being the 5200... ugh. The game is so old, it runs well on virtually anything. Most systems are "lowend" it seems. The average PC is a 1.7-2.0gig, with between 256&512 (probably 256) ram, GF4MX, with 1024x768 as a res, and 800x600 the closest to it. That setup would not run most recent games very well for me. Different people have different opinions on whats playable frames for them though.

The AMD and Intel percentages are interesting though. I thought it would be more Intel.

Baker, new chipsets do not come out every 3 months. Nice exaggeration.

Originally posted by Baker
Not everyone is a rich ass like you. My sister is still gaming on my old V5 5500, and I'm still using my GF3 Ti 500. I don't run out and buy the top of a line card every 3 months. I wait till my card can't run games before I consider buying a new one. :rolleyes:
Exactly, I was running on a Geforce 3 Ti200, and that was an awesome card until the fan broke. Luckily that happened after I scraped together money for a 9700 Pro a year ago. I really see no reason to upgrade for a long while. My system runs all the games I have flawlessly, and from what I'm seeing it will continue to for a while.

I like the 50bpp result more, 3dfx rampage! Probably not hehe, but it did have 52bit color...wonder wtf gave that result.

Originally posted by Baker

lol, rich, lol. I'm anything but rich.
this is my first and only computer and it's about 6 months old. I paid about $1000 for it ($250 for the vid card), which I don't think is very much when it comes to computers

lol, rich....

Back