Valve Is ‘Not Exhibiting’ At E3

Meh, can't be bothered to get into arguing semantics. The left Ep2 hanging, implied further episodes/games, and then nothing happened. Sounds like vaporware to me.

At no point in the history of PC gaming has Linux been as hyped as it has been these past two years. And what does Valve have to show for it? There are twice as many Steam users on Windows Vista than all flavors of Linux combined. There are three times as many users on OS X.

When does SteamOS become popular?

A name brand. Putting a big name brand on their flavor of Linux will certainly help it. From my understanding it will essentially be like a console OS though. Even if they tried to expand it, I don't see it standing up to Windows or OSX. Its one thing to make a simple game launcher like Steam, another to make and support an entire OS.

Gabe? Gabe who? We should party in Austin, drinking and planning revolutions in gaming tech... I have 350 million polys and no war, no twisted dimensions, no scary stuff... -sigh- There is no Valve. Hasn't been for ages. Only Commercial exploitation agreements and commerce... Sad.... :-\ is that you Carmack?? -more sigh- no.

H6KvqaL.jpg

If Valve was smart they would be at E3 with their VR glasses showing off HL3.

Half life 3 = Duke Nukem Forever :eek:

At least Duke finally got a game. Yeah, a lot of people thought it was crap, but at least someone was actually working on something.

Gabe has become Bill Gates at this point. He has a monopoly so he's sitting on his lazy ass getting rich. Valve just doesn't care anymore. All they have to do is keep Steam from breaking down and people just throw money at them. I uninstalled Hat Fortress 2 a long while back because it disgusts me what it's turned into. This monetizing crap just infuriates me to no end. I'd like to take that Saxton Hale* character and eviscerate him slowly in front of Gabe, then hang Gabe from the ceiling by Saxton's intestines while forcing him to watch Quake deathmatches over and over until he finally remembered where he freaking came from. :mad:

*For any uneducated law-enforcement types reading this, Saxton Hale is a fictional character. No murder plot here. Move along.

I'm glad they are working so hard on SteamOS...

They are?

They haven't made a meaningful change in two years.

All they're doing is pulling down upstream packages and updating drivers.

Their OS is going to be huge, and super helpful to PC gaming in the future.

It's stock Debian with the Steam client pre-installed. What am I missing here? They've put no work into the OS.

Gabe said in this interview that, "The only reason we'd go back and do like a super classic kind of product [Halflife 2] is if a whole bunch of people just internally at Valve said they wanted to do it and had a reasonable explanation for why [they did]."

I'm other words money has made us weak willed and unmotivated.

So nobody inside Valve thinks its important enough or wants to create what could be one of the most memorable games of all time. Nope, they'd rather create hats for 99 cents or more graphic doodads for steam. Gabe should've probably hired real game programmers if that's the case. You know what happens when you let your employees choose what they want to work on? Hint, its not HL3.

So nobody inside Valve thinks its important enough or wants to create what could be one of the most memorable games of all time. Nope, they'd rather create hats for 99 cents or more graphic doodads for steam. Gabe should've probably hired real game programmers if that's the case. You know what happens when you let your employees choose what they want to work on? Hint, its not HL3.

I don't know, who the fuck wants to make some stupid hats all the time? Vs, who wants to put their name on what would be one of the biggest game releases, and, if you did it right, one of the "classic" games of all time?

I don't know, who the fuck wants to make some stupid hats all the time? Vs, who wants to put their name on what would be one of the biggest game releases, and, if you did it right, one of the "classic" games of all time?

Depends ... It could be a great game or it could be another Duke Nukem Forever ... the name doesn't make the game, the game does ... perhaps they need a few of the big ego types like a Carmack, Romero, McGee, etc ... those are the type of people that look at a project like HL3 and think it will be the greatest game of all time ... they might have more of a crew of standard workers who work on a project or piece of the project but don't have the big vision

S0m30n3

:-D
That is freakin' awesome ... my new desktop image!'

You rule! Well done .... Thanks

yea that photo was awesome. ALIENS!!!

i think the more i see about orift, fallout etc the more i want to be on the appreciative side of technology. we complain about kids not appreciating nes then us ogs are online complaining about companies not being fast enough to keep us happy. i can wait! got a long life of games i havnt played yet sitting on my shelf.

cant wait for:
hero-u (quest for glory kick starter)
shroud of the avatar
shards online kickstarter
fallout 4
any fire emblem game
the new mario designer game

starrrr wars.
team fortress 3!! life is good. maybe along the way amd will make me a new cpu/gpu to be happy with.

Meh, can't be bothered to get into arguing semantics. The left Ep2 hanging, implied further episodes/games, and then nothing happened. Sounds like vaporware to me.

That last episode was released about 2 years after Steam started offering 3rd party games, or when the cash started rolling in by bucket loads and eventually by the truckload. Coincidence, me thinks not!

Back