Valve adding multi-core support for Kentsfield's release.

Riddlinkidstoner said:
Sweet now I can kill my enemies twice as fast! :cool:
Unless the 3 other cores are used for your enemies' Ai, then you are really screwed. :D

Great. So an overrated game engine that belongs in 1998 gets multi-CPU support. Awesome! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I'm not blasting Valve for this, it's just that I've never forgiven them for HL2 not even living up to half the hype/drama they pumped into it. The industry has to move to multicore eventually, better late than never.

InorganicMatter said:
Great. So an overrated game engine that belongs in 1998 gets multi-CPU support. Awesome! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I'm not blasting Valve for this, it's just that I've never forgiven them for HL2 not even living up to half the hype/drama they pumped into it. The industry has to move to multicore eventually, better late than never.

I liked HL2 and the add-on:)

InorganicMatter said:

:confused:

It's a great engine, and it's great game that completely lived up to the hype. Even today, it still looks amazing, and it has easily one of the best stories ever in a game.

I just starting playing it again since I got widescreen and an x1900xt, and I just remembered how awesome it was. Just as good as HL1 in my book, if not better.

InorganicMatter said:

Whatever your opinion is on the game engine the one thing you seem to be missing is. There is a lot of people still playing games using the HL2 engine and thats what matters.

I still cant run all the eye candy on in CS-S @ 25 X 16 on my 3007+Dual X1900's
So adding multi-core support is a good move IMO no matter how old the engine is.

The only engine that I like better than Source is FEAR and thats it. Now if they were trying to add multi-core support for the original HL engine.....then you can probably get you panties in a bunch.

And how can you blast a game engine that you cant even run with all the eye candy turned on @ native res? (Judging from your sig)

HDR and AA rock.

pic1

pic2

Back