Valentine's Day: 48 roses $36.99 + s&h

LOL,

Ok, here's an update. My girl called the number (yes they shut down the chat , lol)

Our online representatives are unable to assist you at this time. For immediate service, please call 1-800-468-1141. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

but she finally got trough on the phone listed above, and I dont know what she told them lol, but they are refunding my card, and sending her new flowers.

Ah well, free double flowers even if they are dead. (I'll be checking my statement to make sure they do) And take pics of the new flowers received if anyone is interested.

NEODARK said:
LOL,

Ok, here's an update. My girl called the number (yes they shut down the chat , lol)

but she finally got trough on the phone listed above, and I dont know what she told them lol, but they are refunding my card, and sending her new flowers.

Ah well, free double flowers even if they are dead. (I'll be checking my statement to make sure they do) And take pics of the new flowers received if anyone is interested.

Did they require you to send them back? or are they just crediting you? My flowers weren't as bad as some of the pictures, but they defiantly have seen better days. They looked wilted and were the smallest roses i have ever seen, the insert said that they will open up after being in water for a few hours although i kind of doubt it since they didn't have any cold pack with them, and were scheduled for delivery on 2/15 and i had to call up UPS and bitch them out to get them out on the 14th and by time i got them the yellow sponge was all dried out. I tried calling them 2 or 3 times on the 14th and kept getting disconnected so i went to stop and shop and got a small bouquet and mixed the roses in with those to hide how shitty they looked. All in all my GF seemed pleased, but more becasue my little cover up did the trick and not becuase of the roses

Call 1-800-FLOWERS.COM at 1-800-468-1141 !!!!

Right away, they offered me a full refund of the price including the service charge of $10.99 or to send a comparable bouquet with an apology letter from 1-800 flowers.com. The comparable bouquet they offered me was a multi-colored 30 stem tulip bouquet.

I choose the tulips. This will hopefully be a good surprise for the wife...two flower deliveries in one week! They are being delivered overnight and will arrive on Friday. The customer service rep also is sending a gift certificate in regular mail towards future purchases made at 1-800 flowers.

His explaination for the problem was the massive snow storm on the east coast. He said numerous orders were stuck in the Chicago airport longer than they should have and either froze or died during transportation.

I was on the phone for less than 10 minutes including hold time waiting for a rep. I didn't need to provide pictures. They seemed really understanding of the problem.

They fixed the problem this time, but next time, I will be sure to look for local delivery with any flower order from any web page.

I was not required to send back the original shipment and was not charged for the shipping of the replacement bouquet.

I just called, waited 5 or 6 minutes, and they had no problem sending out another bouquet of my choice. I also choose the 30 stem tulip bouqet that is listed at 39.99 on their site right now.

The flowers themselves turned out great for me. (Looks I'm one of the lucky few) However, they were delivered at like 7pm, so we were already out to dinner and I had to spill the beans before she received them!

sgt said:
The flowers themselves turned out great for me. (Looks I'm one of the lucky few) However, they were delivered at like 7pm, so we were already out to dinner and I had to spill the beans before she received them!

I have a lot more hope for my replacement Tulips. I've had quite a few flowers delivered through UPS from 1800flowers and this is the first time I have had any sort of problem with them. Have never had a problem ordered the florist delivered flowers through 1800flowers either. Although, sometimes they are delivered quite late in the day, but the nearest florist that delivers for them is over an hour away.

LoneWolf said:
Please put a link to the form if you can, dude. I'm sure a lot of us would find it helpful.

Edit: I have found the link. Click on the Customer Service Inquiry Form from this page:

http://ww2.1800flowers.com/service/guarantee.asp
sorry, i will next time,, i guess i should make a call to about this...

calling, and already disputed with credit card company, 10 minute wait, and full refund but no free flowers, it was full refund or 50 percent gift card and new flowers of the same i ordered, i got him to give me a full refund and 20 percent off next purchase. eh,, i got something at least.

I have to say their customer service definitely went out of their way to make up for it. Off the bat they offered These as a replacement, 1/2 of the cost of the first order credited back and a 50% off my next order certificate. So all in all i guess i might give them an other shot down the road, although i think i am going to stick to florist delivered items

Yeah, I definitelly agree that their CS went out of thier way to make it right (as much as they could) So it turns out I got a full refund (sill wating to see it on statement) and they offered to also send flowers from a local florist to my GF with same-day delivery.

They definitelly came trough in the end (the replacement bouqet is worth $99 in their site) which was sent free and the refund I got free flowers twice, even if the first where dead. So YMMV and I guess you can't beat that. She got the flowers today. Here are a few pics, I'm more than satisfied, even if it took some doing.

2n.jpg

3n.jpg

4n.jpg

I didn't get in on this deal (buy local - then it's you actually giving them to her :)), but 1800flowers.com has stolen money from me before. I sent flowers to my mom after surgery, and they used the wrong name (she goes w/a hyphenated last name), so they just left. I even called and told them what's up, but they never went back. I don't even plan on using them.

-bZj

Mine showed up today, they were ordered for Aniversry not V-day. Anyway they showed up in great shape, i had one seperated bud, but she'll never know.

Vased them up and collected my smooches, they were already opening when i headed out the door to work.

Next tme i'm gonna be making other floral arangements, mostly because after i placed the order we were talikng and i have a better idea what she likes now, though the hassel you guys wen't through definently makes me think twice about 1800flowers.

I have used 1800flowers in the past with good luck, but its always been florist delivered. I think i will use them again in the future but never with anything that has to be shipped via UPS, that seemed to be the underlieing problem, UPS held the pacakges too long or didnt store / treat them properly.

Update for me:

I called them today (since I had no response other than an auto-reply to my customer service e-mail) and they offered to re-send the bouquet tomorrow plus throw in a discount on my next order. I politely told them that Valentine's day was past, it was a little late to make up for it (having explained my phone experience to them as well) and that I'd prefer to have my credit card charge refunded, which they graciously did, and they're still sending me a discount coupon. They were polite and apologetic.

1-800-FLOWERS.com obviously cares about servicing the customer, but I don't trust them to be able to handle high-volume holidays such as Valentine's day as a result of my experiences and everyone else's here. I'll probably look to more local florists in the future.

i just got my flowers in today, they were a little bit smaller than expected, but other than that, no browning or anything, everything looks pretty good

I also called them unsaitisfied- They offerred the refund, but I felt guilt about getting my money back. It was all I got for V-day. So i took the re send it (and call back if it was screwed up) offer. My girl will get another box of flowers at the office.
I was impressed at how helpful these guys were. No complaints about a screw up that someone wants to fix.

Spirals said:
I also called them unsaitisfied- They offerred the refund, but I felt guilt about getting my money back. It was all I got for V-day. So i took the re send it (and call back if it was screwed up) offer. My girl will get another box of flowers at the office.
I was impressed at how helpful these guys were. No complaints about a screw up that someone wants to fix.

When I called, the lady kept apologizing for the bad flowers. No questions asked, sent out a new flowers with next day delivery. I was actually quite impressed with the customer service.

I ordered the same ones for my gf but they were delivered by fed ex instead of ups and she loved them. So maybe its ups shipping

Could be. FEDEX delivered mine for my Anniversary and they came out great. All I can say is thanks again for the post of this deal. Here are a few pics of the flower when they started opening up.

Feb2006048.jpg

Feb2006041.jpg

Feb2006040.jpg

Feb2006051.jpg

They sent mine through FedEx as well, and they also came out great. I did have to call them because they only sent her 3 dozen flowers instead of 4; but she was very pleased with it all anyway. Either way, I feel lucky compared to some of the unfortunate guys on here.

update - I talked with customer service, and after a few false starts (other, lesser offers) I finally got a full refund.

Thanks to everyone who followed up on this. After 5 hours waiting (online chat), I finally had to give up and go home on Valentine's Day.

-DC

My girl was very satisfied with this. Even though I won't be doing this again for quite a while (I don't like giving predictable gifts), it worked out very well here.

Back