Vaguest...DNF article...ever.

Redshirt #24

2[H]4U
Though I suppose that's sort of the point in this case--the Shacknews guys apparently got to see a DNF build in action. The article itself...says absolutely, utterly, nothing.

Anybody know if the SN guys just bought new cars with undisclosed funds or something lately?

I hope it has 16bit stereo sound too, so that I may fully utilize my new SoundBlaster16!!

Oh the technological advances of our day....:rolleyes:

I hope it has 16bit stereo sound too, so that I may fully utilize my new SoundBlaster16!!

Oh the technological advances of our day....:rolleyes:

I'd rather have 8 bit sound with FM music, in favor of Glide support.

I was a little worried about the progress of the game as well. However, a couple screenshots were recently leaked and fortunately I was able to get a hold of them. The one I attached illustrates some of the advances found in the article. I guess the previous seven game engines weren't able to properly make use of the forklift technology, but now they're almost complete.

dukene4.jpg

The forklift looks a bit out of place graphically. It seems more realistic than everything else. Especially the cheap looking microphone on the side of the helmet.

The forklift looks a bit out of place graphically. It seems more realistic than everything else. Especially the cheap looking microphone on the side of the helmet.

I'm not sure if thats sarcasm or not but that screen shot is from 2001, and the fork lift has been shopped in :p

I guess I just want to know if it will support rrredline or if I should stick with my matrox m3d?

Hah, I remember that shot from a while back. The shopped forklift was a nice touch.

Although, the lights that were shopped on the forklift reminds me of the old lego lights....

The game is going to be absolutely horrific. But we still deserve to see it anyway since we've been waiting so long.

DNF.... probably the last game on my list. The name Forever is as fitting as EA's "Bad Company."

Back