Vac

Syphon Filter

2[H]4U
Simple query:

Is it enabled? And does it actually do anything?

I have been playing CS:S for a while now. And some how I managed to avoid cheats for a long while. So I figured that VAC is/was working nicely. Then today, I jump onto a server and there were cheats all over the shop. Speed hacks, wall hacks all sorts. And this wasnt a cheat enabled server. Not pleasant.

Are there any punk buster type things for Source?

wow how long have you been playing CS: S? There have been hackers since way back in August for that game.

i dont think they have activated VAC2 yet. maybe they are waiting for more hacks to come out to kill more birds with one stone, who knows.

VAC2 has been promised to be enabled by Valve sometime next year I believe. In the meantime try to play on servers with good admins.

no its not activated yet or even part of the code yet,they are currently working on it, and should be releasing it in a future patch.

if you can find a good server with a persistant admin , then CS:S is a blast and a half .. but otherwise the rampant cheats you can run into can really kill the game

doh-nut said:
i dont think they have activated VAC2 yet. maybe they are waiting for more hacks to come out to kill more birds with one stone, who knows.

You obviously have not played CS:S huh :eek:

I play cs source a fair bit, and I rarely run across cheaters. I've seen 2 speed hackers, and maybe 1 or 2 people that I thought might have some kind of wallhack/aimbot type thing, but other than that, it's usually pretty clean.

The hitbox problems are what I assume makes people think there are a lot more cheaters.

I play cs source a fair bit, and I rarely run across cheaters. I've seen 2 speed hackers, and maybe 1 or 2 people that I thought might have some kind of wallhack/aimbot type thing, but other than that, it's usually pretty clean.

I can second that. Like others have said, I found a really good server where admins are almost always present and any hackers (and I've only really ever seen a few) are quickly dealt with.

Dijonase said:
I can second that. Like others have said, I found a really good server where admins are almost always present and any hackers (and I've only really ever seen a few) are quickly dealt with.

Oh i know that you can do that and its exactly what i have been doing. But it was a rude and rather unpleasant awakening when i stumbled onto a server where there was no such presence.

Perhaps Valve are going to pull off some stunt banning a load of cheaters' accounts or something when (if) they get the software in place to detect them. It would amuse me greatly to hear the wailing and gnashing of cheating nerd teeth when they get barred.

Back