DangerIsGo
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Apr 16, 2005
- Messages
- 3,000
Ok, I got this monitor for my b-day last year in august. Everything seemed great at first until a dotted green line showed up horizontally across the screen about 1" down from the top. It would always be there so I sent the monitor in for an RMA. Little did I know the hassle that I would be going through. It seems viewsonic was in the process of changing companies that handle services for their monitors and my monitor was nowhere to be found. Fortunately 2 months later, they found it, and sent me a new one. Less than 5 hours after getting it, it burnt in a program I use to chat at my school, DC++. It was on the screen while on the other monitor (19" CRT) I was gaming. I was gaming for about 2-3 hours until I stopped and went to the other monitor. When i went to 'dock' AIM on the side so I can see both, the AIM window was all fuzzy. I minimized both and came to see that DC++ had burned into the monitor. According to Viewsonic's website, It says to leave the monitor off for an extended period of time. I talked to the service department and he says to leave it off for 24 hours which I have done. Now when I went to check it again, DC++ is faint, but still there...not as bad as it was initially. Another remedy that I googled for was to leave a bright white screen on for some time (if I should try this...how long? what values for contrast/brightness?) The few reasons why I got this monitor becuase before the bad review that popped up on Newegg, It has a DVI input, its 1280x1024, and its 8ms RT along with it being inexpensive. Now, what do i do?
1) Should I try other remedies to get rid of the burn in?
1a) If so, what remedies?
1b) How would I prevent it in the future? My dad has a Samsung 19" LCD and has never had a burn in along with my friend who has a 19" LCD and keeps DC++ on the screen all day long and has never had a burn in.
2) When I called Viewsonic, they said they have an RMA # waiting on standby and all I have to do is call in to activate it, but what prevents the next monitor from doing the same damn thing (either the green line or the burn ins)?
I checked Newegg's customer reviews yesterday, and there have been a lot more complaints about it then before I got it. Most of those include burn ins. Should I contact any of those people and see how they resolved it? What do you guys suggest? Should I try to strike a deal w/ viewsonic for another monitor? Should I keep at this one? Its a good monitor model for those of you that dont have it, and I dont want to give it up that easily, but I will if it keeps giving me headaches and costing me more and more as to pay for shipping (becuase of its weight). Suggestions?
1) Should I try other remedies to get rid of the burn in?
1a) If so, what remedies?
1b) How would I prevent it in the future? My dad has a Samsung 19" LCD and has never had a burn in along with my friend who has a 19" LCD and keeps DC++ on the screen all day long and has never had a burn in.
2) When I called Viewsonic, they said they have an RMA # waiting on standby and all I have to do is call in to activate it, but what prevents the next monitor from doing the same damn thing (either the green line or the burn ins)?
I checked Newegg's customer reviews yesterday, and there have been a lot more complaints about it then before I got it. Most of those include burn ins. Should I contact any of those people and see how they resolved it? What do you guys suggest? Should I try to strike a deal w/ viewsonic for another monitor? Should I keep at this one? Its a good monitor model for those of you that dont have it, and I dont want to give it up that easily, but I will if it keeps giving me headaches and costing me more and more as to pay for shipping (becuase of its weight). Suggestions?