• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

VA1912WB vs Sceptre 20"

melomania

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Messages
266
I had planned on getting the Viewsonic VA1912WB from newegg, and still do, BUT I was lookin around and on Costco's website I found this monitor for not much more.

Here is a link to the Viewsonic VA1912WB for about $325.

Now I don't know anything about the history of Sceptre monitors or their quality, but this did strike me as somewhat of a deal. Also, I would like to note it is a 20' Widescreen.

Sorry, forgot to put the link to the Sceptre: Sceptre 20" Widescreen

Could someone maybe post the pro's and con's and what would be a better choice?

They each have similar specs.
 
I wouldn't buy the Viewsonic VA1912WB simply because it has a wierd resolution..1440x900..
Buy the 20" ViewSonic and us know how it is...or consider that 20" Sceptre from costco, run some games on it, and report back if you have any tearing and ripping. And since it is from Costco, as everyone says, you could return it if you don't like it. :D
 
{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
I wouldn't buy the Viewsonic VA1912WB simply because it has a wierd resolution..1440x900..
Buy the 20" ViewSonic and us know how it is...or consider that 20" Sceptre from costco, run some games on it, and report back if you have any tearing and ripping. And since it is from Costco, as everyone says, you could return it if you don't like it. :D


Could you link me to the 20" Viewsonic?

Basically, I am looking for either a 19" or 20" Widescreen LCD for movies and gaming with my budget no more than $380.

The VA1912WB has been what I am seriously considering buying, but I just called Costco and they said that the 20" Sceptre is a new item they don't have yet but are planning on getting in soon.
 
Back
Top