v7 Client Radeon Cards and SMP

Waypo

Weaksauce
So I was folding fine with SMP running on an i5-750 and to 5770s thanks to the following environment variables...

BROOK_YIELD = 2
CAL_NO_FLUSH = 1
CAL_PRE_FLUSH = 1
FLUSH_INTERVAL = 114

I found a nice balance of SMP CPU usage and the video cards still being fed.

My question is has anyone using the new v7 folding client tweaked and/or removed these settings? Wondering if they are still needed?

you don't need to mess with those settings for the V7 client, they were just fixes for the gpu2 client since PG stopped caring about the ATI/AMD side of the gpu2 client right after they released it.

you don't need to mess with those settings for the V7 client, they were just fixes for the gpu2 client since PG stopped caring about the ATI/AMD side of the gpu2 client right after they released it.

I had a thought with the high cpu usage, could higher clocks on the cpu side improve gpu performance? I'm guessing not really.

nah higher clocks wouldn't make any difference. the only way that would have an effect is if it was completely maxing out a core and even then it probably would matter since its just using the cpu to send and receive data to/from the gpu, not actually computing any of the data.

but then again what do i know, i haven't opened/used a F@H client in over 3 months.

Back