• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

V1200/Expert DD Block/High Temps

gadnium

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
202
I just upgraded to a V1200 and my chipset is really high for some reason. Alot of my temps are higher than before. I was using a PC-65 clone case that was hacked to hell with barely any room in it. These are all idle temps...

Cpu Core: 40C
PWM: 43C
Chipset: 51C

And these sensors might be off by 8 degrees, because my opteron internal temp sensor is reporting 40C while my Mobo is reporting 33C.

I've heard of hot air being trapped in the rear/upper area of these cases and wondered if that was the problem. Is there a quiet solution could rid me of this problem?

I'm going to reseat the block and reapply thermal grease after I post this.

My loop is Pump->Rad->CPU->GPU->Chipset with 4 Yate Loon Fans. The parts are listed in my signature. The radiator is at the top of my case blowing air out and the rest of the fans are intake.
 
Reseating it fixed my problem. I guess I should of did that before I posted...
 
Back
Top