V Rising

This game really took off and it's only in Early Access. I might pick it up today. Some developers must want their games asap in the public to see if it will take off.

Last edited:
Yeah I did snag this up and have my own server. Been pretty fun! Not sure what happens once you beat the end boss, but you can easily tell by the map that more content is coming.

Great game for a whole $20

I saw this game sold a buncha copies. It looks great, might have to try it tonight.

I just tried the game it's ok had to switch to another Keyboard a low profile one was cramping up. I think I'll keep the game though no controller support at the moment.

I need to remember to map hotkeys on my mouse. I took out a wrist rest there is a controller mod but rather not try it. I just changed the spell keys to my mouse it plays like Grimm Dawn. I wonder if you can map movement to the mouse instead of wasd. I like the combat better than Last Epoc because the NPC movement is better. I think I'll spend time on this game on Vacation next week.

Last edited:
I refunded it ok game but I don't have the 40-100 hours to invest in it.

Last edited:
Have 36 hours into the game so far, think I have 4-5 more bosses to kill to "Beat" the game. Lot of fun I must say, they make it quite convenient to reduce the grind by being able to send out minions on missions to collect resources if you don't have the time to play a ton of hours to get it all done yourself.

This is definitely a game that lends itself to group play. Been playing with a group of friends, and it makes a huge difference on boss fights, though they do scale with more people, it typically makes it easier to manage.

You can also save time on research by learning each others recipes and not have to duplicate work, so that is incredibly handy.

Definitely a more challenging build / survival type game, and in a good way, all of the bosses are pretty fun to go after. First few times going after some of the high level bosses as a group and getting wiped until we learned the mechanic was fun, it was refreshing not to just be able to immediately zerg everything down.

Death is quite forgiving so just a minor inconvenience for the most part.

Can be a little grindy getting the resources to get the next tier of gear, but once you have a set or two, easy enough to gear up your minions and send them off on missions for massive resource collections

Is there somewhere to find custom rulesets? I see there's a ton of settings, interested in a challenge. But I don't really know what to tweak. Other than to use the "Standard Hard" default ruleset.

1654108979297.png

Was planning to wait for this to be out of early access but kept seeing people talk about it. Moddable and you can have your own dedicated server which is always nice.
Over 1 million sales for the game and they appear to have plans for more content. Well worth the 20 bucks for me.

Interesting things I've learned so far:
1.) You can tame werewolves (dominate the villagers in daytime, drag them to a boss/your base and wait for the werewolf to spawn at night)
2.) Outer layer of wooden palisades is best for defense because it has a lower siege timer (1min). Also, bombs in your base / tombstones can help with defense.
3.) Horse speed goes to 11
4.) Try to choose servants from silverlight (mages, paladins, etc. with abilities). These are a nightmare to fight in sieges, and they get +loot bonuses when farming in the areas you want stuff from most.
5.) You can fly into people's bases with batform if they have a landing area (teleport circle usually).

Max horse stats are 11/7/14.
You'll never find one with perfect stats, I'm not sure it's even possible. Best I managed was 10.9,6.9. Rotation doesn't really matter.

Halloween Update

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1604030/announcements/detail/3427828161922594932

If you own the game make sure you redeem the free Halloween DLC pack:

This DLC will be available on October 24th and can only be claimed until November 7th, 2022.

General

• The Servant Resurrection timer has been increased to 10 minutes from 15 seconds (Primarily to tackle PvP scenarios where the short resurrection timer could be abused).
  • We have rebalanced how Siege Golem health is calculated and have updated the Siege Golem health settings. By default, Siege Golems will have 250% more health (represented as shield value) than before. The Golem's health also scales based on the player's current health to a minimum of 50% of the total health (should the player transforming have less than 50% health, the golem’s shield value will be reduced accordingly).
  • The default time-slot setting for when PvP raiding is active has been reduced to 18:00-22:00 local server time from 17:00-23:00.
  • The maximum height travel for Mist Trance has been reduced; this fixes an issue where players could reach unwanted heights using this ability.
  • The mirror visuals of the Gothic Mirror and the Cabal Mirror have been updated.
  • Chandeliers and other rotating buildable objects no longer flicker when “temporal anti-aliasing” and “motion blur” is active.
  • The chat message that printed “We are experiencing technical issues on some hardware setups…” every 90 minutes, prompting users to restart their game has been removed periodically.
  • Old saves are now automatically backed up when they’re loaded in a new game version. The backed-up save is placed in
    <Save Directory>\.BACKUP\<Old Game Version>\AutoSave_X.save
  • Added rocks north of the Farbane Bear Cave so that players in the future cannot build in such a way that it blocks the cave exit, trapping players. Also added a new route to take if there is an actual castle blocking the normal path.
  • Fixed a glitch in the Silverlight Silver Mines that allowed players to jump into the mountain.
  • Fixed a bug where some world teleporters could stop working for new players.

New Game Presets

Two new Game Presets have been added:

Mad Hunt - PvP
Mad Hunt - PvE

These presets enable three new server settings:

Shuffle V Blood Locations
Shuffles the location of all V Blood units and alters their faction to reflect the faction of the V Blood they replace. V Blood units are shuffled using three pre-defined groups based on difficulty level.

When this setting is active, all V Blood units have their portrait and lore hidden in the V Blood Menu until they are defeated.

Note that the technology unlocked to progress is still unlocked in the same order and level, but a new V Blood unit will take its place and level.

Shuffle V Blood Abilities
Shuffles all V Blood ability rewards randomly across the board. Some units will end up with one ability reward, others with two, and some with zero.

Shuffle V Blood Tech
Shuffles the technology rewards of all V Bloods. Technology is shuffled using many pre-defined groups to ensure that players may progress with essential technology regardless of how rewards are shuffled.

Note
: When Shuffle Tech & Shuffle Abilities are activated, some V Bloods may end up with no rewards.

Note
: Enabling any Shuffle settings may only be done when starting a new server. These settings cannot be modified on a running server, nor can these settings be deactivated.

Halloween Free DLC

Accessing the Contents

The Haunted Nights Castle Pack DLC can be redeemed by navigating to the DLC section of the steam page, clicking on the Haunted Nights Castle Pack, and then redeem it for no cost.

By unlocking the DLC and by completing the Journal Quest “Lord of Shadows” you unlock access to the following new items:

• Haunted Nights Coffin (Skin variation of Wooden Coffin)
  • Haunted Nights Stash (Skin variation of Wooden Stash)

By unlocking the DLC and by completing the Journal Quest “The First book in the Library” you unlock access to the following new items:

• Haunted Nights Carpets
  • Haunted Nights Stained Glass (Window)
  • Haunted Nights Wall Decor (2x Wallpapers)
  • Haunted Nights Web Drapes (Wall / Window Wall / Pillar attachments)
  • Haunted Nights Gourd Lantern (Pillar attachment Light)
  • Haunted Nights Floating Gourd (Flying Light)
  • Haunted Nights Lanterns (4x Standing Lights)

By unlocking the DLC and by completing the Journal Quest “Expanding my Domain” you unlock access to the following new items:

• Haunted Nights Standing Mirror

Balance Changes

Weapons

Axes

Frenzy

• Casttime increased to 0.35s from 0.3s.
  • Hitbox radius reduced to 4 from 4.2.

X-Strike

• Range reduced to 8 from 10.

Sword

Spinning Strike

• Damage per hit increased to 35% from 30%.

Reaper

Howling Reaper

• Duration reduced to 2.2s from 2.5s.
  • Total area damage reduced from ~180/200% (this could vary depending on range before) to 160% (note that the initial projectile hit still deals 50% damage).

Spear

A Thousand Spears

• Reduced spear channel duration to 1.1s from 1.35s (effectively reduces the time a unit is stunned by the attack by 0.25s).
  • Damage per hit reduced to 20% from 25% (from a total of 200% damage to 160%).
  • The attack now hits all enemies in the area rather than only one.

These changes reduce the damage and stun duration for single-target attacks but make the spear overall stronger when hitting several targets (primarily affecting PvE).

Slashers

Camouflage

• Incapacitate duration reduced to 2s from 2.5s.

Spells

Mirror Strike
  • Hit Collider increased (now has the same hitbox as Merciless Charge and Heart Strike).

Arctic Leap
  • Freeze duration on vampire targets reduced to 2s from 3s.

General Freeze
  • The shield component of Freeze has been changed from a static 5 health shield to a spell-power-based shield. Freeze now shields the target for 50% of the owner Spell-Power resulting in a shield that scales from ~5 - 20.

General
  • Shields now properly use the owner's spell power when calculating the power of a shield that is applied rather than using the target's shield power.

Crimson Aegis
  • Duration reduced to 3s from 4s.

Crimson Beam
  • Reduced duration to 3s from 4s.
  • Increased damage per second to 200% from 150%.
  • Increased healing per second to 150% from 100%.

Corpse Explosion
  • Radius increased to 3.2 from 2.8.

Volatile Arachnid
  • Increased movement speed to 4.8 from 4.5.
  • Reduces cast time for self-detonate to 1s. from 1.2s.
  • Detonation damage increased to 120% from 100%.

Spectral Wolf
  • Bounce damage reduction per hit reduced to 85% from 75% (effectively increases the damage overall from hitting multiple targets).

Spectral Assassin
  • Damage increased to 140% from 125%.
  • Spectral Assassin attack cast time reduced to 0.9s from 1s.

Chaos Burn Effect
  • Reduced to 5 ticks from 7 (reduces damage to 50% from 70%).

Veil of Chaos
  • Knockback tier reduced from illusion detonation to no longer affect vampire players.

Aftershock
  • Cooldown reduced to 10s from 12s.
  • Damage increased to 125% from 100%.

Void
  • Damage increased to 75% from 70%.
  • Fixed an issue where Void would consume Chaos Burn if it was active on a target.

Last edited:
I would pick this up if they had controller support. I did own it at one time it's kinda fun found it too time consuming

How decent is this game? Considering it's still in EA..?

EDIT: I don't wanna get burned on another Valhiem..

How decent is this game? Considering it's still in EA..?

EDIT: I don't wanna get burned on another Valhiem..
Friend and I hated Valheim but looooved V Rising.
Isometric ARPG, plays like Diablo. Has generic resource gathering / crafting mechanics but the progression is boss-based. Kill a boss, unlock a new ability and gear tier, progress to next boss.

As for EA, it feels like a complete game. Especially for 20 bucks. Our first playthrough took 60 hours. Haven't played since last summer, though.

Friend and I hated Valheim but looooved V Rising.
Isometric ARPG, plays like Diablo. Has generic resource gathering / crafting mechanics but the progression is boss-based. Kill a boss, unlock a new ability and gear tier, progress to next boss.

As for EA, it feels like a complete game. Especially for 20 bucks. Our first playthrough took 60 hours. Haven't played since last summer, though.
This exactly. New update is fun.

Picked this game up again it looks tons better on my LG Oled. I guess the servers were wiped with the new DLC.
Wish it had controller support though one of the reasons I stayed away.

This game is tuff lol I'm trying to build a castle and get some Matts but keep dying when trying to get the Matts I guess you can disable Castle Decay in the settings so I'll do that.

20230530123949_1.jpg

I got a Castle built just need to figure some stuff out I guess the Decay Rate can be disabled but if you logoff on your sever in single player it doesn't decay at all I just checked. Took me a while to figure out I can jump off cliffs with Shift Key.
The Castle is a Respawn point and also HP regen in the Coffin along with storage and you can create them pretty much anywhere.

If they add controller support that would be great. May 8th 2024

Last edited:
Back