uxtheme.dll hack for sp2

thebliX

Limp Gawd
can anyone help me out with getting this to work, i got the uxtheme.dll and one site i was reading told me to search for some files, i couldnt find them and now i dunno wut to do.

so wut, i just run that program reboot and it should work? cuz i did that, like 14 times yesterday and i didnt work :(

they released a sp2 compatable version of style xp

and to replace the uxtheme.dll i would use soem thign called the replacer it is what i used int he 24 hour period before style xp got updated.

Okay lets try this again, DL the zip from that Neowin posting. Unzip and then launch the app, it'll ask you if you want to patch XP, click "patch" and then follow the any remain instructions. Restart. Once you load back up try apply a different theme and post what happens.

Well it worked for me. :D
How are you applying you themes? What does it say? need some details man.

thebliX said:
so wut, i just run that program reboot and it should work? cuz i did that, like 14 times yesterday and i didnt work :(

Worked on all 8 of my computers. The one you used, was it the updated one or the old one?

ive used the one in that link and another one before.

to apply them i was just right clicking my desktop and going to properties and then browsing to the theme.

Back