• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

UV or not to UV

W6FO

Gawd
Joined
Dec 12, 2005
Messages
608
I'm putting together my color scheme for my new mod and now making my list of stuff for cables and sleeving material, etc. I'm not really planning on adding UV cathodes but should I just go ahead and use UV reactive stuff anyway just in case I do want to add UV later? I guess what I am getting at is, does the UV reactive stuff look just as good as non-UV reactive stuff when the UV is off?

Thanks

- JT
 
Its actually relitively color depenant; bule and green look good to me with or without UV, red... eeh, (actually looks better without the UV,) tends to look more pink dependant on who makes the sleeving.
 
i looks good when done correctly i think
Agreed.

The trick is not to go hog wild like some people & mix colors all over. That always results in
a cluttered white wash effect. Best to keep the colors compartmentalized.
 
Only place I am considering UV is with all of my custom cabling. I'm thinking Blue sleeve, Yellow heat shrink, and Red molex connectors.

- JT
 
I suggest frozencpu.com for custom sheathing/rip ties/etc... pretty cheap, and a great company
 
Yeah,.my "wish list" @ FrozenCPU for this build is already at $200 and I'm not done yet. :rolleyes:

- JT
 
Back
Top