• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

UV Lighting

n64man120

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
3,498
I want to do UV lighting in my next mod and was wondering how strong the blacklights are. Is one or 2 UV CCFL is the case sufficient to illuminate all the reactive parts very well? Also how do the CCFL UV attached to fans work?
 
Ive got 2 in my watercooled rig and it could honestly use 1 more to even out the lighting.
 
I have 4 in my case, seems to do the trick. I buy mine from SVC and the in-house brand are the brightest I have seen but they don't last very long.
 
I have 3 12" uv lights and 4 uv fans with the circle bulbs... honestly, the fans light up the case A LOT more than the 12"'s
 
UEAKCrash said:
I have 3 12" uv lights and 4 uv fans with the circle bulbs... honestly, the fans light up the case A LOT more than the 12"'s

How quiet are those UV Fans cuz I want this system to be really silent, I was going to go for 1 UV fan in window and rest panaflos. Any idea how big a difference there is?
 
doesnt the strength of the blacklights depend on the length+width of the tube, the brand name, etc?

maybe find a model you like and read a review on it?
 
Back
Top