UV dye? Recommendations experiances?

mord

Limp Gawd
Looking for UV dye. Preferably fluoresces blue, and is clear or slightly blue in normal light. I'm not finding many reviews of these. The ones I fi d are often contradictory. Some say the die was immediately dark brown with no fluorescence. Some say worked great for a few hours then stopped reacting even though they only used distilled water.

Sounds like either the eyes are all junk, or people are having nasty chemical reactions. Many complained their systems got sludged up.

Anyone used a clear UV dye and had good lasting results? At least a few months flourescense and no crud gunking things up. I dont mind adding a few drops of dye once in a while. I dont want to have to do it every few days or have to clean crap out of my loop.

From what I've read over the years (not personal experience), It's best to do with UV tubing instead.

From what I've read over the years (not personal experience), It's best to do with UV tubing instead.

That would be safer. I'm not looking for the water in the tubes or blocks to glow though. I only want uv lights in/on the reservoir.

Then what do you want dye for? Dye is for making the water glow system wide.

if you want tubing, primochill has both hard and soft and xspc has at least soft. there are several other brands available too like feser.

Then what do you want dye for? Dye is for making the water glow system wide.

I want the water in the reservoir to glow from uv. If it's the resivoir glass/plastic glowing instead, I'd probably be happy with that. I only have uv illumination shining (shielded and focused) on the resivoir. No other uv lights.

I'm using an ekwb combo d5 pump and resivoir. Not sure how easy it would be to replace the acytel/acrylic resivoir cylinder.

If I had uv tubing, it wouldnt get any uv light to flouresce.

Back