uTorrent crashing Windows 7 x64?

Yossarian22

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone else having this issue with uTorrent 2.0 consistently crashing W7 x64?

• Checked stability and temps, fine. (I was watching video while torrenting, suspected it was due to HW acceleration for awhile)
  • Removed unsigned drivers for USBtinyISP (AVR programmer) and put Windows back in normal mode (as opposed to Test Mode)
  • Updated to Catalyst 10.2

Not sure why this is happening? Only when uTorrent is chugging along.

beta? build? I've never had any crashing issues with utorrent on my system

Check the utorrent forums (announcement section) for what to do with the crash dumps it should be generating.

I've had absolutely zero issues and have had UT2.0 running 24/7 since it was released.

I just started using it recently; utorrent isn't creating any crash dumps, it actually gives me a hard crash, total system lock.

I made a post in their troubleshooting forum but take a look at my HijackThis logfile:

http://pastebin.com/hW304d9L

Is it normal for a lot of those files to be "missing" under W7? I've been a good boy ever since I bought W7 and also in terms of torrenting and software, I'm no pirate. Legit OS, legit games all under STEAM. I've been a very good boy, not understanding why user level application is giving me a hard crash. :confused:

But take a gander at my HJT log, strange to you?

It looks fine. If it's not really crashing but rather locking up, you're supposed to make a dump file from the task manager. It should all be covered on their forums though.

It looks fine. If it's not really crashing but rather locking up, you're supposed to make a dump file from the task manager. It should all be covered on their forums though.

It isn't covered in their forums. How do you read the dump file? They're very incompetent over there. There is no guide for assistance, no rhyme, or reason for the lockup.

Well, reading the dump file myself and perhaps trying an older version or a totally different client that doesn't decide to lock up the OS from user land is in order.

You don't read it, you create it from the task manager then send it to one of the developers or post it on the forums.

You don't read it, you create it from the task manager then send it to one of the developers or post it on the forums.

And why can't I read it? I'm a software developer. I probably have better things to do than to look at dumps of stack frames and other shit, but please don't insult my intelligence. Thanks.

Did you try running with your machine not overclocked?

No problems with W7 x64 and UT2.0 here.

Back