utorrent 1.7.1 worth updating?

For the record it's for legal activities but anyway I've been using 1.6.1 is it worth updating? I'm hearing mixed opinions

Generally I would update without question but I heard some problems about 'too much information' being sent out etc.? I dunno what improvements there are over 1.6.1 really

I haven't seen the change log yet so Im holding off. Honestly any version of uTorrent works flawlessly.

Generally I would update without question but I heard some problems about 'too much information' being sent out etc.? I dunno what improvements there are over 1.6.1 really

Rumors.

uTorrent was bought out by Bram Cohen. Bram is in cohoots with RI/MPAA. Everyone assumed this meant uTorrent is now sleeping with the devil. It has nothing to do with the sort, becuase as of now uTorrent does not send data anywhere it shouldn't.

I use 1.7.1 and it is cool with me. It's ethier uTorrent or Azerus.

Easy choice.

I am not upgrading yet because one of my favorite torrent sites has banned it because of a bug.

I am not upgrading yet because one of my favorite torrent sites has banned it because of a bug.

Are you sure it wasn't 1.7 that was banned? Many trackers banned 1.7 and not 1.71 as it reported the DL/UL stats wrong.

One of the private sites I use also has a ban on any version past 1.6x

Though it might not send extra data. I still do not like the fact it was sold/bought.

if you're using nVidia chipset with nVidia's onboard NIC, you're probably getting that prompt everytime you fire up uTorrent 1.6.x that a feature in the NIC isn't supported.

They said a long time ago it would be fixed in the next version.. perhaps this is it?

Otherwise, I always say if it isn't broken, don't fuck with it ;-)

Are you sure it wasn't 1.7 that was banned? Many trackers banned 1.7 and not 1.71 as it reported the DL/UL stats wrong.

One of them I visit has both banned because of reports of it sending private info outside the tracker. Also, from my understanding, 1.7 only gave you the wrong stats on torrents over 4GB. This however did not effect your ratio on the tracker, just how it was reported on your end. On torrents that size it would just report incorrect download speeds.

if you're using nVidia chipset with nVidia's onboard NIC, you're probably getting that prompt everytime you fire up uTorrent 1.6.x that a feature in the NIC isn't supported.

They said a long time ago it would be fixed in the next version.. perhaps this is it?

Otherwise, I always say if it isn't broken, don't fuck with it ;-)

I read about this a while back...
The problem is with NVidias Active Armor Firewall for onboard NICs.
When DHT is enabled on uTorrent, the NVidia Firewall has a memory leak which causes a couple of services to use a lot of memory over time.

They asked NVidia to sort the problem but they havent.

Back