• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Utility Program

Syrnix

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 27, 2003
Messages
213
I have Norton Systemworks 2003. is there a better utility program out there. Is Norton 2005 any good. and is it worth upgrading to it.
 
Any suggestions. i am looking for disk utility programs. anything better then norton.
 
I'm not a norton's advocate but wouldn't it be safe to assume their later models would be better? May I ask why you think its so great? I've heard more horror stories than any other.
 
Am not saying norton is great or any good. i don't know that's why i am asking. if there are programs out there that are better i would like to know which ones.

thanks
 
What do you mean utility?

AVG free edition for the anti-virus is awesome and waaaaaaaaaay less resources than norton. I use XP SP2 firewall behind a router and I'm hacker free.... I use Microsoft Anti-spyware and I'm malware free... ditch systemworks, you can have better stuff cheaper AKA free.
 
http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/defragmentation.shtml

Or use Google. Or whatever. "Utility program" is very vague (as is "better defrag program") and doesn't tell us a thing.

What do you want to accomplish? What are you defining as "better" in this case? There are more questions, but those two need to be answered before anything else. Otherwise, you may as well be looking for a "better internet."
 
are there programs out there that do a better job of defraging the hard drive then Norton Speed Disk. programs that are better then Norton Utility. do a better job.
 
Syrnix said:
are there programs out there that do a better job of defraging the hard drive then Norton Speed Disk. programs that are better then Norton Utility. do a better job.

PerfectDisk.
 
Diskeeper has a free version that's not bad. Doesn't have the features that the paid version has, but they aren't needed for everyone. Combined with being free and having the best integration, is does as good a job as any others.
 
Syrnix said:
are there programs out there that do a better job of defraging the hard drive then Norton Speed Disk. programs that are better then Norton Utility. do a better job.
The built-in defrag utility does a better job than Norton's. It uses the DiskKeeper engine (it is, in fact, DiskKeeper without the fancy UI and extra options). Hell, using tricks described in this article, you can make it scheduled as well.
 
Back
Top