UT3 Patch #2 Changelog

GDstew4

[H]ard|Gawd
No releases or leaks, but the next patch is on its way.

I think this about brings the game up to what it should have been when it was released back in Nov.

Gameplay:
-Increased UTGame MaxPlayersAllowed to 64.
-Fixed leviathan turret instant refire exploit.
-Fixed errant lock on warnings when no longer in vehicle.
-Fixed first person weapons in demo playback.
-Fixed translocator telefrag victim message.
-Fixed encouragement sounds not being randomly picked by bots.
-Implemented viewobjective spectating system for Warfare.
-Fixed berserk held by driver applying to all vehicle turrets.
-Only force low gore on German versions that were low gore only before being patched.

User Interface:
-Clicking on the settings tab goes to directly to the full settings menu.
-Added VOIP speaker portraits to HUD.
-Fixed character portraits sometimes not showing up on HUD or not staying up long enough.
-The Host server menus will no longer disable internet options if CheckNatTypeDisplayError returns true. It's just a warning now.
-Fixed the CD key always prompting when the user has no network card
-Added support for commandline log in -login=xxx -password=xxx. This also allows Gamespy comrade and other external applications to be used to launch network clients.
-Added UI option to hide objective paths (the white arrows).
-Added UI option to enable joystick support.
-Added JOIN to midgame menu when spectating.
-Added cancel button to "logging in" message box.
-Added support for auto-updating UI with new options.
-Improved language support for French, Spanish, Italian, and German.
-Joystick key bindings in UI display properly.
-Added game and UI support for customizing crosshair scaling.
-Added "Add Favorite" button to Server Browser server list tab.
-Fixed favorites Tab Page server details not updating.
-Improvements to voice menu. Added "status" section.
-Leave "Disconnect" and "Exit Game" on the mid game menu when seamlessly travelling so that players have a way to abort lengthy downloads
-Show "Change Team" button before the match has started.
-Added support for localized "single score needed" string.
-Tweaked some HUD message font sizes.
-Favorites/History lists list servers that are currently offline.
-Favorites/History lists don't stop working as the number of servers in them crosses max threshold for GS query.

Networking:
-Added support for autodownloading packages while in gameplay or while travelling.
-Auto team re-balancing before map transition if bPlayersBalanceTeams is set.
-Fixed dedicated server memory leaks.
-Force client state synchronization when in spectating state. Fixes sporadic issues with players not being able to join games.
-Fixed sounds not being heard correctly by clients if the sound location is the Actor's location and the Actor is not relevant to that client.
-Fixed spectators being unable to move after a level transition.
-Fixed track turrets being in the wrong position on clients in some cases after being destroyed.
-ConnectionTimeout and InitialConnectTimeOut now both 60.0. Addresses both clients failing connection because they take too long to load a level, and initial connections staying open too long.
-Fixed HTTP download compression.
-Fixed a bug where download during seamless travel would break because the downloader was keeping a pointer into the package map's list, which is unsafe while the game is in progress because that list could have more items added to it (and thus the memory rearranged) at any time
-Fixed a bug where in rare cases packages would get downloaded twice.
-Fixed spectators able to enter as extra players in Duel.
-Fixed issue where CTF, vCTF, and WAR maps are listed in the server browers when searching for a DM game when server changed gametypes.
-Fixed bots not replicating their view pitch, so their animation looks better in net games.
-Strip OwningPlayerName= from the URL, as this is determined elsewhere and was breaking dedicated internet servers launched from the UI.

Server administration:
-TCPLink and Webadmin functionality implemented.
-Banning is now based on CD key hash, so players can't circumvent bans by creating a new profile.
-Fixed being unable to kickban players with | in their names.
-Added versioning information to the game settings
-Dedicated servers don't require DirectX shader model 2.0
-Fixed AdminForceTextMute and AdminForceTextUnmute.
-Restored the compress and decompress commandlets.
-Fixed AdminCmdOk() function not working properly if you were the listen server.
-Banned IDs readability improved.
-Added MaxClientTravelTime config option to GameInfo. If set, clients are kicked if they take longer than this many seconds to travel between maps.

Mod support:
-Added ScriptedTexture, a type of render to texture that gives Canvas access to script/C++ for rendering custom overlays.
-Added a version of DrawTile() to Canvas that takes a Texture instead of Texture2D so render to texture stuff like ScriptedTextures can more easily be used.
-Added Timestamp function to UObject, returns a string in the format YYYY/MM/DD - HH:MM:SS
-Weapons now take roll from player viewrotation.
-Fixed custom character DLC not applying until the next time the game is run because the default object was not updated after combining the .ini files.
-Added a ModFamilies array to UTCustomChar_Data to allow mod authors to add families to the list.
-Fixed Change Node Status Kismet action not working on fully constructed powernodes.

Map specific:
-Fixed DM-Deck get out of world exploit
-Fixed DM-Gateway portals sometimes sending you back to your starting point.
-AI improvements:
-New orb carrier strategy AI.
-Improved bot hoverboard use.
-Reduced bot orb spawner camping.
-Fixed bots stuck on orb spawner unable to grab flag.
-Low skill bots use artillery properly.
-Tweaked shooting at nodes vs shooting at enemies.
-No human bonus to threat value.
-Improved threat picking AI, taking into account effectiveness of bot's weapon.
-Tweaked bot AI for link gun, flak cannon, redeemer, and AVRiL.
-Bots tend to stay on same enemy more, and focus on key vehicles more.
-Tweaked campaign auto skill adjust.
-Possible safe fix for bot navigation issues with staticmeshcollections on console. Also a performance improvement on PC and console.
-Tweaked rules for whether to attack node or enemy first.
-Improved bot AI for defending nodes with an orb.
-Fixed pathing issues that were causing bots to get stuck in some places. When a move fails, force a route refresh. Add cost to reachspecs when bot fails repeatedly.
Improved AI code for adjusting around obstacles. If adjust left and right fail, try moving to center of reachspec.
-If previous move failed, don't allow "advanced tactics" (serpentine, etc.) for next move.
-Added FailedMoveTarget and MoveFailureCount to controller to track movement failures.
-Added bForceNoDetours to UTBot. Don't allow detours when bot is approaching a neutral node (more important to touch node first).
-Fixed bots thinking they've reach the orb spawner without quite getting there and touching the orb.
-Fixed cases where bots could get stuck failing to translocate over and over - bots know to give up now.
-Adjusted bot reaction time to seeing new enemies.
-Improved bot AI for dealing with lifts and hoverboards.
-Bots taunt after winning a match.

Well the first patch went through 4 different beta versions, each time adding some more fixes. Those versions were also sent out to various server admins for testing which is why they ended up on the web before the official 1.1 patch was released by Epic.

It sounds like this time they're keeping the 1.2 beta internal for now, no indication as to when the actual patch will go live for the masses.

Hopefully this fixes broken maps like gateway that freeze up every few minutes. It's nice to see that a patch is coming though

nice. i think i'm finally gonna take the plunge and buy this game...

I bought this game when it first came out and after the patch I was like Hmmm not bad. But after building my new computer and have the new Geforce 8800GTAlpha Dog card, I absolutly love this game. I honestly can say, this game can only truely get it praise whne you have the ability to experience the full graffics on Full with Full resolution, Its a night and day difference, especially with this new tool I found called UT3 Tweaker V4

I bought this game when it first came out and after the patch I was like Hmmm not bad. But after building my new computer and have the new Geforce 8800GTAlpha Dog card, I absolutly love this game. I honestly can say, this game can only truely get it praise whne you have the ability to experience the full graffics on Full with Full resolution, Its a night and day difference, especially with this new tool I found called UT3 Tweaker V4

Oh yea. I played the Demo using a 7800GT and i bought a 8800gt. Game just got 10x more fun with the upgrade. Maps looks very beautiful. I am actually thinking about buying UT2008 as i played UT2k4 and it was mucho fun.

I just cant wait for custom maps and modes. That what the very fun point at UT2k4.

According to gamespy, there is 400 000 players online right now. But they forgot to tell us 99.99% of them are bots.

:rolleyes:
lol! well to their credit, epic makes pretty good bots. the AI in those games is top-notch.

I got the game about a 6 weeks ago and played it for a week and then stopped playing it. I recently upgraded my rig and now i'm playing it a lot. The online community needs to pick up still, the DM servers have the most action right now. CTF and other game types are lagging behind. The new patch seems like it will improve many areas of the game, I personally don't have much of a problem with the game as is except for a few minor things. The more you play it on a good system the more you realize how good the gameplay and graphics really are and how much people may have dumped on it unfairly when it first came out. Some people like it less the more they play it, so whatever floats your boat.

The more you play it on a good system the more you realize how good the gameplay and graphics really are and how much people may have dumped on it unfairly when it first came out. Some people like it less the more they play it, so whatever floats your boat.

How many players at peak time?

Sick of this game, tried to play it again today and found it fundamentally unplayable.

This patch still doesn't fix some of the major fuckups like lack of webadmin, but atleast it makes an attempt to make the menu systems ingame less shitty... even if it was only adding about 3 tabs.

Well heres to hoping and I am sorry to make this thread slightly OT but they release such patches for GoW for PC as well. I am afraid to even purchase that game at the moment.

unplayable how ? I play vCTF almost every day. its awesome.

Several of the maps glitch and just pause for about 3-4 seconds every minute or so, others simply start to get massive graphics errors after about 30 minutes of gameplay.

There are numerous little bugs with most of the maps like collision with objects which makes navigating a total pain in the arse.

Warfare the only game mode I really have time to begin with is totally crap as a gaming experience, theres little to no Avril placements which means vehicles dominate uncontrolably, you can't even punt back mantas with the shock 2ndry like in UT2004 which make them near unstoppable, even a very lucky direct hit with 3 rockets doesn't kill them.

Teamwork in Warfare is basically non existant, the original ONS mode in UT2004 was already asking a bit too much from players in terms of teamwork, with even more complex game dynamics playing on public servers is a nightmare. You lock down one point and go to attack another but your teams so shit that by the time you get to the 2nd point you've lost your original.

If you stay any camp a node to protect it so your team goes to get the other one they can't do it and you're just defending endless attacks.

And in general the weapons do too much damage, most kill in one hit under the right circumstances which means spam is all the more deadly and common.

Oh and the menus are slow and clunkly and piss me off, changing the smallest thing takes about 27x too much navigation that it should do.

In fact theres at least 5x more stuff that irritates me about this game but im going to stop bothering, I cant be arsed to go through this games massive list of faults, the patch notes for the first and 2nd patch should be enough proof this game is a failure, the only reason I bought it was for the modding tools and it's community is tiny which means mods would be a waste of time.

I m with you on the teamwork issues but as far as recurring pauses, I did not experience that at all.

This patch still doesn't fix some of the major fuckups like lack of webadmin, but atleast it makes an attempt to make the menu systems ingame less shitty... even if it was only adding about 3 tabs.

Webadmin is included

Server administration:
-TCPLink and Webadmin functionality implemented.

Thought whether or not it'll be fully functional/actually work remains to be seen. Hopefully it wasn't implemented the same way their History and Favorites tabs were in v1.1

Yay -- A Favorites Tab on the Server Selection screen. About time. Lots of good changes. :)

I'll take the bait on this.

Several of the maps glitch and just pause for about 3-4 seconds every minute or so, others simply start to get massive graphics errors after about 30 minutes of gameplay.

Your glitches and hangups can be fixed depending on your video card quite easily (if Nvidia). Look on the Official UT forums.

Warfare the only game mode I really have time to begin with is totally crap as a gaming experience, theres little to no Avril placements which means vehicles dominate uncontrolably, you can't even punt back mantas with the shock 2ndry like in UT2004 which make them near unstoppable, even a very lucky direct hit with 3 rockets doesn't kill them.

So don't play Warfare? Or...as the various folks on the World of Warcraft seem to love: QQ more?

Teamwork in Warfare is basically non existant, the original ONS mode in UT2004 was already asking a bit too much from players in terms of teamwork, with even more complex game dynamics playing on public servers is a nightmare. You lock down one point and go to attack another but your teams so shit that by the time you get to the 2nd point you've lost your original.

So you say the game sucks because Real Humans don't work as a team? Alright, I will concede there are some true Arse-Hats in UT, but then, Epic makes incredible Bot AI. So, hey, you don't always have to play online. :)

And in general the weapons do too much damage, most kill in one hit under the right circumstances which means spam is all the more deadly and common.

Many..Many Mods address this issue, go to the Official UT forums, search and download.

Finally, why waste time bashing UT if you don't like it, in a thread about an upcoming patch? There is an entire thread for your thoughts on UT a few pages back, and has been discussed in length. Really...UT conversations on these forums is becoming like every single Vista thread. Half the people love it, half the people show up for no reason to demonize it. *Sigh*

Couple things I hope they could add to the patch:

- zoom out vehicle view with scroll wheel, especially on goliath
- make the ping permanent on the score tab, the ping disappears when lots of name are on it

Not good enough.

The vehicle steering is the largest insult to the PC gaming community.

I'll never *pay* for another Epic game again.

If they refuse to treat us like customers I won't be one.

*Sheesh* They've practically got as many betas for one patch as some whole operating systems. :confused:

Back