• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

UT3 is a steaming pile

burnin8r

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
1,211
quick rant...

UT3 is overrun with hacks. You see the same aimbot users every day and every night, and due to the fact that there are maybe 5 active servers, you really don t have the option of playing elsewhere.

Epic has announced that they have an expansion planned, most likely to try to get some sales going into the Christmas season. If anyone was thinking of giving this game a second chance, think again, unless you plan to get an artificial aiming subscription with it.
 
I've been playing UT3 on and off since 12/2007 and I haven't run into a person using a aimbot yet. What servers are you playing on?

I've been playing the series since UT99 and I can spot a person using an aimbot pretty quickly. IMO UT2k4 was a aimbot fest.

If you suck and come across a person who is really good you might think they're using an aimbot. I see that a lot, a noob who thinks he's good who get's railed by really good players, they cry aimbot.
 
If you suck and come across a person who is really good you might think they're using an aimbot. I see that a lot, a noob who thinks he's good who get's railed by really good players, they cry aimbot.

Hello CS! :p
 
nah, i have videos recorded and screen shots where people admit use of hacks, its all for nothing though. go to any of the clan forums, the cheaters are well known.

if you spend 30 seconds spectating the top 5 players on any random server at any given moment, you will see 1 skilled player, 3 blatantly using aimbot, and maybe 1 just using radar / timer / wallhack.

UT3 is dead.
 
So I take it, since it sounds so rampant and blatantly obvious, Epic does nothing to help prevent this? I got UT3 off Steam but I haven't really played it since the day I got it. Servers were always so empty.
 
nah, i have videos recorded and screen shots where people admit use of hacks, its all for nothing though. go to any of the clan forums, the cheaters are well known.

if you spend 30 seconds spectating the top 5 players on any random server at any given moment, you will see 1 skilled player, 3 blatantly using aimbot, and maybe 1 just using radar / timer / wallhack.

UT3 is dead.

You can't go by the top five in the stats, the stats are BS. You can go on a empty server and just kill bots to knock your stats up. I'm sure people use hacks, I just haven't come across it on the serves I play on, granted I don't play on tons of different servers.

My point above is I have played on servers were there were very good players and you get some people who come in who get their ass wiped. Then you see them typing shit like "nice bot", "ban this guy", ..etc..
 
You can't go by the top five in the stats, the stats are BS. You can go on a empty server and just kill bots to knock your stats up. I'm sure people use hacks, I just haven't come across it on the serves I play on, granted I don't play on tons of different servers.

I think he's talking about the top 5 that are currently playing on the server not the top 5 overall in the server stats ranking.
 
I think he's talking about the top 5 that are currently playing on the server not the top 5 overall in the server stats ranking.

Yeah.

Sucks that people use aimbots, happens in UT and other games. Trick is to find servers that have decent players and admins that bans idiots like that. When I used to play UT2k4 I started seeing more and more of it and I played less and less on random servers...same with UT99.
 
Epic probably stopped caring about UT3 since it was such a dud. I really don't find it surprising that the online community has gone down the crapper. No sales = no income = no support. :(
 
Last time I played UT3 was a good two months back or so.. I thought it was a kickass great game. I had to format my computer though and got into TF2 at the same time so I didn't reinstall..

I'm really amazed people never liked it
 
I think most people hate for the simple reason it didn't have the convoy map.

Even though I suck at UT3. I find team ctf fun to play.
 
I liked UT3, but honestly, nobody ever played it.
I ended up buying Quake Wars today, so far I'm liking it more than CS:S, which i've been playing for almost 3 years, lol.
 
Why doesn't anyone play online? I'd understand if this was a really underrated game few knew about, but this is Unreal Tournament, I'd think there would at least be a somewhat decent online community but its barren.
 
Why doesn't anyone play online? I'd understand if this was a really underrated game few knew about, but this is Unreal Tournament, I'd think there would at least be a somewhat decent online community but its barren.

They're still playing ut04 (and rightfully so).
 
just play ut99 GOTY instead and you will have more fun that you ever would in 3. :)
 
I usually play on a server with an admin.... that usually cuts down on the botting... Unfortunately, I have to play on UK servers.... :(
 
I usually play on a server with an admin.... that usually cuts down on the botting... Unfortunately, I have to play on UK servers.... :(

You and I (assuming you are BEN_SISKO_DS9) have simultaneously spectated many of the same servers, so you know what I am talking about. If you were referring to playing mostly on Multiplay.co.uk servers, I am banned from them for arguing with moderators about hack friendly admins.
 
You and I (assuming you are BEN_SISKO_DS9) have simultaneously spectated many of the same servers, so you know what I am talking about. If you were referring to playing mostly on Multiplay.co.uk servers, I am banned from them for arguing with moderators about hack friendly admins.
I know how you feel... Haven't been kicked yet, but some admins allow cheating to go on even though I show proof. There are still some good servers left... When is this expansion pack supposed to appear?
 
When is this expansion pack supposed to appear?

http://www.beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=12277

I don t believe any release date has surfaced, but it is safe to assume they would aim for November to cash in on Holiday shopping, assuming this new release is not free download content. The announcement says that it is going to expand the user base, so it is probably not a linux client =P but it might be something that allows cross platform play between pc / 360 / ps3, which I can only imagine would also require Vista.
 
I happen to admin UT3 Servers for Epic Midway and Multiplay. Europe side. Got any solid proof, send it my way ill see if it's good enough to put a ban on them.

Caught one today actually :(
 
Back
Top