ut2k4

Glyphic

[H]ard|Gawd
I just bought this and have played the crap out of it, but it seems to be extremely cpu-intensive, can't play the game very long with my oc before temps rise to 56c and my pc reboots :/ This hurts my fps, alot, and my temps are still raising into the mid 50's even without an oc, but overall it is alot of fun in mp, especially onslaught. :p

What kind of cooling do you have? Do you have the stock intel hsf? Do you have good ariflow in your case?

Yea, somethings wrong with your heat sink. You shouldn't be overheating when you have only overclocked 500 MHZ. But yea, it's an awsome game.

BTW, OMG, IT'S NOT A DOOM 3 THREAD. MAYBE THIS EVIL IS OVER.

Sorry, I had to post that.

NOTD665 said:
That's, uhm, a big overclock. :p
Not really :p Look at sig. My temps rarely go above 53C. Your system shouldnt reboot at only 56c, 3.0ghz cpus can handle up to 70C. Maybe try to up your ram voltage a bit if you havent already, and run memtest86. Does your system crash when not gaming?

Yea this game runs smooth but it takes up more of your system than you know ;/, i would hate to know what my temps get up to lol

I'm still on stock intel cooling, I'm fairly new to ocing, but I've been running at this for quite a while and haven't had any crashes. I haven't really messed with my ram much, haven't gotten that far, and what voltages are you running your cpu at? I'm at 1.65 and can't seem to get any higher without crashing, but I'm looking into getting a thermalright, not sure if I'm gonna get the 94 or 120, thanks for the help

Glyphic said:
I'm still on stock intel cooling, I'm fairly new to ocing, but I've been running at this for quite a while and haven't had any crashes. I haven't really messed with my ram much, haven't gotten that far, and what voltages are you running your cpu at? I'm at 1.65 and can't seem to get any higher without crashing, but I'm looking into getting a thermalright, not sure if I'm gonna get the 94 or 120, thanks for the help
I'm at 1.6V. :) Try bumping your ram voltage a bit and loosen your timings, or lock your ram speed (if possible) to DDR400. From what I have heard, the SP94 is best for cooling, but if you want good cooling and near silence too, try the Zalman 7000ALCU.

I'm not sure what the default voltages are on my ram since my mobo has them of default, and as for locking ram speed, would that be dram frequency? I'm still getting familar with this mobo and not sure what everything does yet, also there iagp/pci freq, ddr reference votage, agp vddq voltage and performance mode

Yeah, dram frequency is where you can lock the ddr speed. Lock it at DDR400 or PC3200, whichever it says. Also you NEED to lock your PCI/AGP bus to 66/33 if overclocking. If you havent locked it already, that is your problem. Read up on some overclocking FAQs for your board. There should be some good info on Asus' forums.

locking the ram and the agp/pci stuff makes my system way more unstable, and temps are rising up to 52c even without an oc

Glyphic said:
locking the ram and the agp/pci stuff makes my system way more unstable, and temps are rising up to 52c even without an oc
:confused: I dunno then. Every board I've ever worked on was more stable during an overclock after locking agp/pci/dram. Sounds like you have other problems, try posting in the Overclocking/Cooling forum.

Back