• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Usual Turn-Around time for RMA Process?

UMASS

Gawd
Joined
Jan 17, 2008
Messages
1,001
Hi All: My HIS 4870 1GB video card died about 4 weeks ago. Sent in my VC on 01/01/10 they received it 5 days later. Now they are telling me up to 4 weeks for a replacement. Does this sound right to you? I never had an issue with any video card in my life (fingers crossed) & I think I should have went with XFX or a better video card company. The whole RMA process through HIS is a complete joke! Any insight guys?
 
Mine with Asus took less than 2 weeks, but they just sent the card back and said it was fine, assholes. Tried it on 3 machines and 3 different operating systems so not sure if the guy was hung over or what.
 
Yeah...Thanks sucks because that means you'll have to do the whole RMA process over again. 4 weeks sounds way too much time. I had to purchase a crappy (XFX purchase this time) 4670 512MB GGR2 video card from NG just to get me by. The upside it only cost me $40.00 AR ($10.00) w/ free shipping.
 
I'm waiting for HIS to resolve my warranty / RMA for 4870x2 that I sent away at the end of Oct 2009.

Last week they finally contacted me and they offered to replace my 4870x2 with two 4870's and I basically told them no way.

Suffice it to say; I'll never buy HIS again.
 
I heard HIS customer service is terrible.

You should probably expect more than 4 weeks for replacement.
 
EVGA took about 2 weeks.Shipping was the problem.er I'm in wrong section
 
Last edited:
I'm waiting for HIS to resolve my warranty / RMA for 4870x2 that I sent away at the end of Oct 2009.

Last week they finally contacted me and they offered to replace my 4870x2 with two 4870's and I basically told them no way.

Suffice it to say; I'll never buy HIS again.

Makes you scratch your head, outside a poor substitution, in that they are offering you 2 4870s and yet they don't have one for the op.
Hopefully they were not planning on sending you his and another defective card:(
I avoid them and just pay the extra money for a better brand that has US based support after my several contacts for a rma request with HIS went unaswered. I was lucky enough newegg took it back after I showed them the correspondance, or lack there of from HIS.
 
Guys...I agree. Buy XFX (ATI/Nvidia) or eVGA IMHO. HIS blows & they use to offer a 2-year (no biggie) & now they are @ 1-year. I have read countless reviews on all different types of HIS video cards & so many of them have fans that fail over time. I was going to buy a sub $99.00 (max price) videocard for my backup WIN98SE/WIN XP rig in the basement, but once I get my 4870 I'll just install that in my older rig. Looks like I'll look for a XFX 5850. I hope the 5850 prices come down in the somewhat near future!
 
Mine with Asus took less than 2 weeks, but they just sent the card back and said it was fine, assholes. Tried it on 3 machines and 3 different operating systems so not sure if the guy was hung over or what.

Make sure its completely dead before sending it to Asus. Otherwise they slap a new heatsink on and call it fixed. Waste of a month doing 2 RMAs.
 
I'm waiting for HIS to resolve my warranty / RMA for 4870x2 that I sent away at the end of Oct 2009.

Last week they finally contacted me and they offered to replace my 4870x2 with two 4870's and I basically told them no way.

Suffice it to say; I'll never buy HIS again.

Wow...Grimspoon...I didn't see your post! Since October of 09' What? I would be so pissed right now! Did they get you the 4870x2? That is insane! Never, ever again will I buy HIS products! It's XFX for me here on out!
 
UMASS,

The just contacted me a while ago trying to offer me two 4870 IceQ (non turbo) instead of the 4870x2 and I had to refuse.

Now I'm back to playing the waiting game. This is getting beyond ridiculous and to say I'm furious with the situation would be an understatement.
 
2 weeks with Diamond, from the time I filed the RMA to the time the new card showed up at my door.
I had to pay shipping to them, but they paid return shipping. :(
 
Mine with Asus took less than 2 weeks, but they just sent the card back and said it was fine, assholes. Tried it on 3 machines and 3 different operating systems so not sure if the guy was hung over or what.

Make sure its completely dead before sending it to Asus. Otherwise they slap a new heatsink on and call it fixed. Waste of a month doing 2 RMAs.

A couple months and 3 RMA's later and my Asus 4870 RMA nightmare is now over, finally got it properly replaced, they offered a 4890 and I took it, got it last week and so far its working perfectly.

Got the nice one too, see... :) http://static.pcinpact.com/images/bd/news/69971-radeon-hd-4890-asus.jpg

But worth the hassle?... I think I would have rather settled for another properly working 4870 DK Top the first time around.
 
Last edited:
UPDATE Guys: No new 4870 video card from HIS. They said I may have to wait for another 2 weeks for a replacement!!!!! HIS Blows bigtime! I'm getting towards 2 months for a replacement. I asked if they had any 4890's (which they had) & said..."Send me a 4890 then" No dice! Sorry we can't...That's a more expensive VC. I said "Yes...I undertand but I've been waiting forever for a new card"

PLEASE...DO NOT BUY from HIS ever! Go with eVGA or XFX for a video card! I learned my lesson!!!
 
I know this is a really old thread but I have a 7970 that is in the RMA process now. Its been 3 weeks and all they keep saying is that they are waiting on a new one from Hong Kong. I personally would never buy an HIS video card again.
 
Too bad you have to put up with that OP. Sounds like HIS and ASUS are the same company?!? ;) :rolleyes:

By contrast, Gigabyte is stupid fast, from the time I called it in to the time I received the card at my house it took 1 week. No refurbished card, a new card.

ASUS as everyone knows is pathetic, Id rather wipe my ass with their shit and use it for target practice before I RMA another thing to ASUS. Fuck that process.
 
Back
Top