USPS: Package mis-shipped, what do I do?

XacTactX

Supreme [H]ardness
As the title says, I sent a package via USPS, and it got mis-shipped (which means it got routed to the wrong place due to human error). I checked the address that the buyer gave me, and it's the same as the address I entered when I printed the shipping label, so this is not a case of PEBKAC. The package is now in the process of returning to me.

So what do I do? Can I get a refund, or can I re-send the package without paying a fee, or do I have to eat the Postal Service's error and pay out of my own pocket?

I say... you will have to wait until USPS sends it back to you, and see what USPS says. I'm not sure what USPS policies are, but since it was their fault, they should ship it for you without you having to pay extra.

Bring it to your local PO and they should ship it again for free as long as you don't open it.

USPS did this to me once also. Log into your account and request a label refund. It'll take 2 weeks to get so you'll have to front the money again but it's fairly painless otherwise.

I had this happen to me I think. They swung back by and sent it to me instead of the guy who shipped it. (was delivered wrong address in either same city or nearby city. I don't remember all the details.) I'd talk to the USPS guys and see if they can do that.

I'd personally open it, to make sure everything is still in there. Just in case. Then talk with the Post office

One time USPS shipped a package to me instead of who they were supposed to. Ha I sure was confused recieving the same package I shipped the day before. I just took it to the post office that same day and they sent it on its way to the correct location without charging me or anything.

OK so this is what happened, USPS mis-shipped the package two times, then my buyer finally got it. I mailed the package on the 23rd of January, and he got it on the 23rd...

of February. :eek:

It won't stop me from using USPS, since picking up the package from my mail box is so convenient, but I hope it doesn't happen again.

OK so this is what happened, USPS mis-shipped the package two times, then my buyer finally got it. I mailed the package on the 23rd of January, and he got it on the 23rd...

of February. :eek:

It won't stop me from using USPS, since picking up the package from my mail box is so convenient, but I hope it doesn't happen again.

Did they reimburse you for the shipping?

Did they reimburse you for the shipping?

No, I haven't even tried. Great idea though. I'll see what I can do.

The package wouldn't just get mis-shipped and go back to the buyer's shipping center. It would go all the way back to my shipping center. Problem with this is, my shipping center is in CA, and buyer's shipping center is in NC. And I used Media Mail, so it would take about three days in each direction.

I would only assume they would refund you for that. Obviously its their fault and you paid for shipping to the destination you wrote down so....

Back