• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

USPS are you serious

triarii3

Gawd
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
777
I am building a gaming comp just ordered all my parts early this week. and everything got here thurs and friday...with the exception of my RAMs which i ordered from another Hardforum buddy. He used first class and delivery confirmation! when i visited the usps website to see what's happening to my package i see this

Detailed Results:

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, September 10, 2010, 12:50 am, OMAHA, NE 68108
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, September 09, 2010, 12:55 am, ORLANDO, FL 32824
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, September 08, 2010, 11:32 pm, ORLANDO, FL 32824
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, September 07, 2010, 11:28 pm, OMAHA, NE 68108
Bullet Acceptance, September 07, 2010, 10:47 am, OMAHA, NE 68154

SO pretty much USPS shipped the item to orlando - 3 hours from where i live - and then shipped it back to where it was sent...i just want to say wow...if they really did this WOW how f*** stu*** can you be?!! now I probably have to wait next week to finish my rig...everything is freaking here and they do this...wow USPS...just wow
 
I live near Omaha. This is funny.

Gives a whole new meaning to the Omaha tribesmen being known as "Indian givers."

At least now I know what that box o' RAM on my doorstep was all about...

But I'm Choctaw tribe, so you can have your RAM back...

(I haven't shipped USPS in over a decade. Stories like this remind me why...)
 
they are always late when they come and deliver ordinary mail to my house.
only time i use usps is when i dont have a choice!

f' usps!
 
Something like this happened to someone I know. The order was through UPS then passed to USPS to handle (some program they have set up). Anyways, the item came to our state (a processing facility about 30 minutes away), then went to Florida, then back to our state. It added about 5 days to the delivery time.
 
Ah man, USPS is the worst service you can get even though its cheaper. One, their priority boxes suck like no other. 4 sizes, are you kidding me? And every time I go to ship something, there's always a problem.

I always ship through UPS, maybe ill pay like 5 bucks extra for shipping, but its SOO much easier to use.
 
Funny you should mention that, [Classified], as I had a similar issue (to the OP's) with a UPS package that I was expecting last month.

I've heard enough horror stories from all three services (USPS, FedEx, and UPS) to ensure that I always have both insurance and delivery confirmation (or, a tracking number) on all of the packages that I ship. And don't get me started about DHL.... :mad:
 
For evey 1 bad shipment I have had through USPS I have had 2 through UPS & 2+ through Fedex.. Bottom line is that ALL 3 suck. & For me to ship its not a 5 dollar difference to ship out via UPS. Its like a 15+ dollar difference based on the small town I live in. & To ship via Fedex I have to drive to the next town & it costs even more then UPS. As the post above me says always use delivery confirmation & insurance & you will end up fine in the end.
 
I usually never have problems with USPS, but I recently sold and shipped a keyboard to someone on the west coast and it was a disaster. I didn't ship via Priority Mail because I had to use a large box and the shipping would have cost more than what the guy paid for the keyboard. So I opted for the cheaper shipping which was supposedly going to take 7-10 days. I shipped it on 8/13 and it did not arrive until 9/07. Nearly a month to get from VA to OR. Luckily the guy was pretty cool through the whole thing, but this was one of the rare occasions when I didn't opt for delivery confirmation because I was already getting so little profit from the sale. All I had for proof of shipment was the receipt, but we had no idea where the package was. Around the beginning of this month, I agreed to ship him another identical keyboard though UPS for the cost of shipping so that neither of us would be totally dicked over by the jackasses at USPS and we'd be able to track the package. Of course, after I shipped the second one via UPS, USPS finally delivered the first one so he's going to refuse delivery of the second one and I'm going to have to eat the cost of shipping it to him. :rolleyes: What a mess.

I'm thinking it's best to use USPS for smaller packages and UPS for larger ones. UPS tends to be more reasonable with large packages, but boy do they screw me without lube on the smaller things. I mailed out a small item in a bubble envelope to someone in the perpetual freebies thread, and chose to ship via UPS since I was there shipping another package and didn't want to make the extra trip to the post office. It cost $9 freaking dollars to ship a small, light bubble envelope! The other package that I shipped was a much larger, heavier box in comparison and it only cost like a dollar more than that stupid envelope. So I took a loss trying to help someone out in the freebies thread when it wouldn't have cost more than $2-$3 at MOST to ship via USPS.

Like I said though, normally I don't have any gripes with their shipping times, and that's especially true when using Priority Mail. Very fast and reasonable for all but large and heavy packages. The only beef I have is that there have been a couple of times when my local mail courier did not attempt to deliver a package that wouldn't fit in the mailbox when someone was obviously home (cars in the driveway, front door not closed, etc.). That's happened twice I think, and it's a pain to be left with that little slip in my mailbox because it means I can't get the package until the next day and I have to drive to the PO rather than having it delivered.
 
i have a personal VENDETTA against the USPS. And I have honestly given them plenty of chances. When my experience has been 80% negative in three different states using probably 20 different post offices something has got to be wrong. My problems have ranged from the workers being asses to horrible shipping practices.

but whatevs man, that's why FEDEX exists. UPS is just a unionized, crippled fedex.
 
I'll add to this thread that I ship something out almost daily and use USPS only and really have had no issues. I have had to go through claims processes for misdelivered and damaged packages with UPS and Fedex, both of which I stopped using unless I have to for the customer.

I really think it is a location thing, some areas UPS seems to offer the best service, some its USPS and others it's Fedex...

just over pack, insure and track no matter who and hope for the best!
 
Back
Top