Usonian Nine

This case is loaded with quality craftsmanship.

Awesome work.

Wow, very meticulous work. Very nice job so far. I admire your woodworking skills.

oh man,
that back panel came out incredible. It's got the classic FLW geometric look but the layout is also functional. too perfect.

i can't remember if anyone asked or if you said or not, are you planning to put the black case inside or are you making a separate insert for such? the black case is interesting and all being put inside, but i would like much better to see you build the case innards as well. saw you do that with lvl12. but longed for a full scratch build.

i can't remember if anyone asked or if you said or not, are you planning to put the black case inside or are you making a separate insert for such? the black case is interesting and all being put inside, but i would like much better to see you build the case innards as well. saw you do that with lvl12. but longed for a full scratch build.

Like Level 12 (and Mission before it) this project is associated with a case mod contest where I'm required to use the contest sponsor's product in the design. What I'm doing here is stretching the rules and they seem to allow it. This lets me do more of my kind of thing instead of the more typical case mods you see from others. I love my scratch-builds and will be doing more soon but it is also nice to work on something that "pays". Cheers.

I understand. like the lenovo, phobya, and coolermaster contests as of lately. Somehow it never occurred to me that was why you were using the cases inside. should have been a no brainer. however, i look forward to the scratch builds again. and i fully understand the working on things that "pay". no complaints brother, good luck and do us proud.

I really like a lot of the geometry you went with, but the color scheme/clashing wood grains is not to my taste.

The idea about the window being there to "be there" is interesting though, and the outdoors is where this case truly shines aesthetically.

In any case, thanks again for posting the worklog here. Cheers man. I look forward to your future builds (especially from-scratch).

I like it. Nice job.
Would have been better with Falling Water water cooling, but I'm just a dreamer.

Are we going to be seeing stained glass inserts or were you just teasing us with those images?

I like it. Nice job.
Would have been better with Falling Water water cooling, but I'm just a dreamer.

Are we going to be seeing stained glass inserts or were you just teasing us with those images?

Thanks Daniel! The back panel is based on Frank's most famous art glass design. I have a post coming soon that details each specific influence. The three privacy windows would have been good candidates for stained glass. Cheers.

:eek: *speechless*
OK :) Thanks!

Wow, I had been following this build for a while and just saw it featured on Engadget.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/16/pc-modding-takes-an-architectural-twist-with-frank-lloyd-wright/

Great build BTW, very impressed.
Thanks! Engadget articles sure do make it eaiser when the time comes to beg equipment from sponsors. LOL

just saw that too.

Slipperyskip, this mod is a fantastic work of art. Thanks for doing your comparison post showing where all the inspiration came from, I love every single one of the touches. great stuff
That comparison post was fun to do and hopefully cleared up a few things for people watching. Thanks!

Beautiful.

Unbelievable craftsmanship.

:eek::D

i have always been a fan of the Prarie Architecture........been to the Robie House a couple of times.

That was beautiful.
Thank you!

It looks like you built your pc a temple lol.
Yes. I call the Temple of The Revenge of Beige.

Beautiful.

Unbelievable craftsmanship.

:eek::D

i have always been a fan of the Prarie Architecture........been to the Robie House a couple of times.
That's very cool magoo. Thanks. I lived near the Marin County Courthouse and have been a life-long FLW fan.

Wow this case really is first rate. Amazing design!
Thank you niconix. I appreciate that.

You can visit Usonian's web page HERE

Inspiration ...nailed it!

The CoolerMaster contests seem to be attracting more submissions each time and the competition is
definitely progressing with more sophisticated builds..Congrats on 3rd.

Back