Using Verizon EVDO on home Network

magik20

[H]ard|Gawd
ok heres whats going on...

im using a verizon USB Modem shown here http://www.amazon.com/Verizon-Wireless-USB720-EVDO-Modem/dp/B000NPGB32

Now currently its installed on a XP Pro box and using connection sharing to link it to another PC

I want to use this modem as more of a true internet connection so i can attach more PCs to the service ( like using a normal cable or DSL modem....)

Anyone have experience doing this? I could dedicate a windows XP box just to do DHCP?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Don't forget they have a 5G monthly limit. It seems once you hit it they just cancel you.

just found that lovely fact....

my mom uses the connection at her house for work and is hitting 20 megs a day just for work.

Thankfully i dont live there, as id kill 5 gigs a hour

Don't forget they have a 5G monthly limit. It seems once you hit it they just cancel you.

5g is where they can consider it abuse. Generaly speaking they will not say anything untill you are way past that. The people I've known that got kicked for that where doing 80 plus gigs a month.

We have 3 different clients running pc5750 verizon cards in the linksys router right now as their main internet connection at home(no cable or dsl service). They seem to do a pretty good job.

Back