Using USB keychain as a DOS boot disk?

Egekrusher

Gawd
Joined
Mar 15, 2002
Messages
902
Is there any way to make this work? I can get it to boot from it, but the only commands I can get to work are fdisk and format. It keeps searching for files on my A: drive. Is there a way to modify the .ini files so I can create a fully functional boot disk? I'm trying to completely eliminate the need for a floppy drive.


OH- also, is there a way to make a bootdisk that can format with all the popular file systems such as NTFS or linux file system?
 
i think that in your bios you need to set it up to boot from the USB flash drive then put the files in there and see if it works. I haven't tried this myself, but i have a usb flash drive and i've read somewhere that that's how it works. i think it's make the USB the first boot device in the "boot sequence" in the bios.

Please correct me if i'm wrong anyone.
 
I can get it to boot from it, no problem. Just once it's booted into DOS, I can no longer access the keychain and it can't access half of the necessary files.
 
Back
Top