Using third party MegSafe cases

I can't afford a BMW (or any other new car for that matter...) so I think I'll be OK!

I cannot afford a BMW either, unless I push my old man to buy me one :p. My point is if BMW Wireless Charging could damage iPhone 15 Pro Max, then it can happen with any third party MegSafe chargers and MegSafe cases?

Last edited:
I cannot afford a BMW either, unless I push my old man to buy me one :p. My point is if BMW Wireless Charging could damage iPhone 15 Pro Max, then it can happen with any third party MegSafe chargers and MegSafe cases?
No, generally not. The issue with the BMW charger, as has been actually tested independent of iPhone or not - Is that it can kill any phone period as it doesn't properly listen to what the phone communicates for wattage. It just blasts out energy no matter what which is why any phone, both iPhone/android, generally overheat on the things and/or break.

Just buy a reputable brand and you'll be fine. That's the downside of wireless charging - It can kill a portion of the device if the wireless charger doesn't listen to what the phone needs it to do.

Last edited:
Back