Using SYSREP to update for mobo/cpu/vid card swap.

CaNNoN

Gawd
Hello all.

I am going to do the SYSREP method for swappin out my mobo, cpu and video card shortly.

i have a question.

I will be going from an ATI video card and drivers, to an nvidia evga 7800GT and evga 133 NV41 SLI mobo with a A643700+

I am currently using a Asus K8V deluxe and a A643200+ cpu

My question is, before i run SYSREP and do the image, should i un install the old drivers for the ATI card, and the Via chipset drivers? Will they just be deleted when i install the new board or what?

I just want to make sure there are no left over junk files that would conflict with the new stuff.

Thanks
Nate

If there is software installed, via the add/remove programs, sure it's not going to hurt. You can run sysprep in 640 mode if you have to. ;)

You're going to want to do that one way or the other, either before sysprep or after. Might as well give the nvidia card as clean a setup as possible. Good luck.

Thanks bro.

What are you meaning when you ay run sysrep in 640 mode?

Thanks

Nate

If I were guessing hes meaning a resolution setting in a awnser file but I dont see where this would be neccesary since your doing a sysprep unless you absolutely want to turn in it to a unatteneded mode.. but thats just my guess. not sure what phoenix is going with it,....HTH...

I mean you don't have to have a video card driver installed (forcing VGA mode, 640 by default) to run sysprep.

welp, sysrep wouldnt even allow me to use the mini setup mode option. It was shaded out on the main sysrep screen. I tried the command line for mini setup and pnp and it said that it wasnt available in the personal version of sysrep.

So i just resealed, and swapped out the mobo and cpu and vid card and did an in place upgrade and it worked fine. A little buggy at first, but i got my RAID drivers loaded up and then installed my NF4 chipset drivers and then my fresh 81.87's and all has been well. All programs run right. I just wish i woulda known about this little fluke in sysrep or i wouldnt have messed with it. It did take me about 2 hours to get everything running right, but it is fine now.

Thanks for the help!

Nate

Back